Feeling like you have to lie down

Very often I feel tired in my head in the middle of the day and just got to lie down even though I am not sleepy. I guess my brain just needs a timeout and do nothing for a while. Probably a side-effect from AP. Usually it’s enough to have one nap a day.

Does anyone else get like that?

6 Likes

I wish I could nap in the day, I’m forever tired but need to lie down a lot, but I can never sleep, despite being technically able to when my child is at nursery. I do attribute to the ap I’m on!

1 Like

Yeah, I wish I actually was tired at the same time, that would have been great. It’s more like I lie down and look into the roof or just close my eyes and try not to be bothered.

1 Like

Yeah, sensory overload.

SZ is a brain inflammation thing anyhow, your brain is working overtime constantly. Need breaks.

2 Likes

You are probably right. I also attribute inflammation to the AP, so I guess it’s double trouble. I do take anti-inflammatories which seems to put the brain more at ease. I have had several experiences of instant relief after taking for instance high doses of vitamin C.

1 Like

I lie down every day most of the day.

That doesen’t sound good. Have you worked out why? Is it side-effect from drugs?

1 Like

Apart from 15 min workout everyday and 10min shopping I lie down for many hours I think it might be the aps hard to get out of bed tormented daily by voices and psychological pain.

I think its more the sz than meds but yeah meds too worsen negative symptoms. Sz makes us wimps.

2 Likes

I had a lot of pain in my head before, but I mananged to get rid of most of it when I stumbled over protein powders. I use pea protein right now. You might want to give it a go. It’s not very expensive.

Here’s one: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-pure-pea-protein-1-1-lb-503-grams-pwdr

The quick explenation to the mechanism of action is that your brain gets fortified with amino acids which makes it function more normal.

2 Likes

I find myself out n about then wanting to go home n daydream in bed and just shut the world out…
It’s a full time job just to keep up the visions and voices :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Its more psychological pain than physical you know really painfull feelings.

Do you get voices attacking you or telling you negative things?

1 Like

No I don’t have positive symptoms but rarely some paranoia.

1 Like

You are lucky mine are so bad.

1 Like

My main issue is negative symptoms, staying in bed all day everyday on this forum, vaping nicotine and listening to music.

1 Like

Do you get negative thoughts or painfull feelings?

1 Like

Sometimes I get depressed of staying in bed but talking to my parents helps, no need for antidepressants.

1 Like

You are in better mental shape than I am but Im in a little better physical shape.

1 Like

I see, I misunderstood. Hope there is something that can be done tom improve your situation. I’m actually educated as a healthshop worker, so that’s my angle. I don’t believe in taking drugs unless it is absolutely necessary. I would recommend vitamin D as a anti-depressant.

2 Likes