Feeling like an alien

I feel for you if your beliefs are disturbing. Myself, I’ve had many of the same feelings and experiences that you describe. I do have a doctor and try to stay medication compliant but that doesn’t mean that everything I believe in is just a symptom of a disorder or “disease”. While psychiatry has it’s place, it doesn’t replace what your true “belief system” truly is. I believe what you described and just by doing that it does a disservice to the whole thing because of my “diagnosis” and people perceive it as a case of the blind leading the blind. We see things differently but it doesn’t make our experiences fiction. I wish you peace of the soul and I think that that’s the best we can hope for with communication with others.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your thought.
I want to meet people who see the cosmos before them, see creatures of a massive spectrum of behavior and form, experience time as a non-linear phenomenon and more. Would give me someone that I could truly connect with.

1 Like

I agree with this completely, I’m also not on medication, and don’t see a psychiatrist or psychologist because they will brush it off and again, like you said, try to make me believe the things I experience are not real. I know exactly what you are explaining and I too feel incredibly lonely for this reason, that no one I know can relate to the other layers of the world, aether, etc. around us.

2 Likes

I’m delighted by your response - glad to see someone with a similar view.
I’d really like to hear more about your experiences, thoughts and perceptions. I’m new to the website and not sure how we can facilitate this.

I would also love to hear what you experience as well! It helps to know that there is someone who is experiencing things alongside with not seeing any doctor or on medication as well. I’m not quite sure how we would be able to write to one another about what we experience on a day to day basis, but I will check around the website and see if I can find something out. Let me know if you find anything on how we can successfully do this.

Check out this thread - supposedly there is a way where we can send private messages but we need to be granted the privilege by an administrator. Or at least that’s what I gathered from it. After some degree of activity we can be considered trusted and then be empowered with private messaging.
But I’m eager to exchange thoughts with you now lol… rather than wait.

I had a brief conversation with the administrators and we cannot have private messaging unlocked until it takes place naturally through the program. It can’t be unlocked in any other way. Their concern is the mental sanctity of members being disrupted by the potential wrecklessness of newcomers - perfectly sensible I think.
However, you and I are attempting to discuss something of mutual experience and benefit. Not bother anyone.

2 Likes

Take a look at this @moderators

I’m not sure why you are trying to call the attention of moderators. Can you not see my distress in the beginning of the thread? Can you not see that talking about what it is that I’m trying to talk about is what I feel will benefit me. Nobody is being bothered here. I’m trying to benefit from this website just as anyone else is. For me I would benefit from speaking with someone who understand what I’m experiencing.
This whole thing is becoming very strange.

It’s just that we don’t allow users to post e-mails or other contact information on the forum. I removed the e-mail address from your post.

1 Like

And we talk about delusions only for recovery not encouraging delusions

2 Likes

I joined this website with the intention of meeting people who have similar experiences so that we can share our experiences. I’ve never met anyone who describes what I see or feel.
I’ve now met someone who fits this, but I’m being denied every avenue of communication.
I understand the rules were put in place for a reason, but if you take this case individually, it can be seen that this rule is preventing benefit, rather than maintaining benefit.
I have a great amount of respect for this forum. I only wish to gain benefit too.

I’m not sure that I know this is preventing benefit. I’m not entirely sure what kind of talk you want to have with this person. That is why we want all new users to talk on the public forum only. That way we can get an idea of who the person is and what they’re here for.

1 Like

It has been disclosed within the thread that the other person and myself both want to share our experiences and talk about it. Both parties are in mutual agreement, both parties are faced with problems of contact. Evidence is on this page.
What I’m here for is to talk with someone who has similar experiences with me - as I feel quite alone in this perception of life. It would be beneficial to me to make an acquaintance with someone who has similar experiences and perceptions.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I’ve stated the reasons why we have this rule and why it still applies to your case. I understand that the wish to communicate is mutual. If all you want to do is to share your experiences, you can do this on the open forum.

3 Likes

Why gaining strength in your delusion when you could talk about people or something else, not about aliens lol. Do you go to a therapist. They could help

1 Like

@anon9798425 Thanks for your time and what you do for the website.

@anon51414962 I don’t feel inclined to debate why I’d like to discuss these things. But thank you for your input.

2 Likes

There you have it, our options have been defined. Public discussion, or some delay on private discussion.
What do you think?

There are many websites about aliens you guys can probably find thousands of alien believers lol. But not on a mental health website that doesn’t support these delusions. It’s more about overcoming it so you can live a normal life. Normal isn’t boring either :slight_smile:

Cheers :blush:

4 Likes

I find myself in a similar situation to Diver. I was also informed that the way I see the world may or can cause psychosis in others. So, I am loath to dicuss ‘aliens’ elsewhere. Not that I mentioned them much here either.

1 Like