Feeling like a missfit turns into being stuck up

A kind of defense that says since I’m not good enough for you, I’m going to beat you to the punch and say you’re not good enough for me. This attitude is nothing but heartache as it hits on a situation that people can’t do anything about.

3 Likes

You should write a book called “The Book of Job”.

1 Like

You’re going to have to explain that one to me, @77nick77, I don’t know the Book of Job, just that it’s a book in the Bible.

1 Like

I think that happened to me. When my mental illness symptoms began to kick in I started to become something of an outcast. I then tried to improve my social situation by putting others down and abandoning certain friends considered unpopular just to boost my own reputation…I was very ashamed of myself for doing so…now I realize I was just a typical kid who wanted to fit in but I still have guilt over it because I went against all my personal values and who I was as a person just to kind of be accepted better by a bunch of snobby punks.

Give yourself a break lovely, you have an illness and im quite sure your not stuck up, if people wanted to say hi and talk to you they would just come up and say hi and be friendly.