Feeling down

I found out it will be at least two years before I can get into practical nursing school. I’m so deflated. I was hoping to get in at the end of this year.

I’m going to be 28 in July and am no closer to making a good wage than when I graduated high school. I got the okay to try working again from my pdoc so I may just give up on school and find a job. I dont know what else to do. I just keep adding onto the debt and I need to stop eventually.

I feel like a massive failure.

I say weigh the pros and cons. See if you can still get the same enjoyment with the non nursing job than with the nursing job. It’s okay if you still make as much as you did when you graduated high school, at least you are working. Are you having trouble affording bills, etc

2 Likes

Same here I make minimum wage was going to try to train for bus driver they make 16.75 an hr.

1 Like

Hey man, no need to feel like a failure. Nursing school is very competitive to get into. With the current shortage of nurses in the U.S. I assume they’re getting strict, and trying to “weed out” those who may not be as passionate about pursuing nursing as a career.

I can tell it’s your passion though. Is there a degree you can pursue in the meantime that will lead to nursing? EMT science, or something like that?

Keep your head up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you find another school to go to? Possibly move to another school?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words monte, but I already went through emt basic training but let my license lapse because I dont drive on the highway.

I talked to another school today but they were a money mill that wanted $30,000 where the other schools were closer to $10,000. I’d rather wait two years than pay three times what the education is worth.

1 Like

Unfortunately moving is not an option and I exhausted all school options by me.

1 Like

I hope it all works out for you!

That’s the trouble I’m not working. Oh well I’ll just have to be patient.

I’ve considered a nursing career, I really wanna go for physical therapy assistant.

Yeah, there is no timeline when it comes to education

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.