Feel pretty worthless

It’s your mood making you think that way.

When I’m up I think everything is wonderful and life is beautiful and everything will work out fine.

When I’m down everything is imploding and I feel like giving up and life sucks nothings working people don’t like me etc

Mood cycles can be really exhausting

2 Likes

Sending hugs hope you are feeling better today. We all care about you🐣

1 Like

Why thank you @Daisy79 :smiley:

1 Like

I didn’t read all the posts, so someone may have already mentioned how effective it can be for those with negativistic, cognitively driven, major depression to look into the concept of “learned helplessness.” Just understanding it – and that it was all a conditioned invention of my mind – was a life changer.

A guy named Martin Seligman came up with it about 25 years ago, and it has become a bedrock in the treatment of depression, anxiety, PTSD, borderline personality disorder and the various psychotic disorders like schiz. Once one understands that one is usually trained by a combination of external influencers and internal beliefs to assess oneself (however unconsciously) to be a “helpless victim,” it’s pretty often a snap to use that understanding to throw off the “wet blanket.”

I’m definitely still given to wild ideas, flights of fancy, mild anxiety and mild mania at times, but I almost never get depressed anymore.

4 Likes

I don’t think anybody likes me at my job either! But a lot of them are more unlikable then me.

1 Like

Lol,this a good way to make me feel better…hehe

Yeah, I’m more likable then a lot of them. I’m just there to do my job. I like it when people like me but not if they are going to take advantage of me. Give people an inch and they’ll take a mile.

1 Like

But I won’t let unlikable people dictate my life or make me bitter.

1 Like

I am not unlikeable or very likable person but I felt I am easily taken advantage of,probably because of my low confidence and it makes me a bitter person…lol

Not everybody else has confidence either. People take advantage of me too. Most people are out there looking for a way to boost their confidence and they are ACTING confident. I’m not unlikable either. Sometimes I figure I’ve learned enough to survive.

You are a example for people here,I like your attitude and easy going personality :smiley:

Cool. Great!..

I’m just like anyone else.

1 Like