Feel like giving up

No I’m not going to kill myself if that’s what you are thinking. What I realize is that I haven’t found anything that makes me happy. Or if I do find something, the feeling is fleeting and I get dissatisfied with it. I hardly do things for myself because lots of times, people are telling me what to do.

Like my Dad wants me to help him with his business. That’s not something that makes me happy because he will give me a responsibility then take it away. Sometimes even lifting doesn’t make me happy because girls will compliment me on my looks and guys will put me down because of my looks.

My other interest was video games because I could escape to another world but left that because people would bother me when I tried to enjoy them. I used to be interested in science when I was younger but also stepped out of that because my step mom was bothered by it.

So these are things I used to enjoy and was met by recurring dysphoria. I just don’t know what to do with myself.

1 Like

I get the same thing. Dysphoric. I try to not even look for a happy feeling but to just accept the dysphoria and try to continue on.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re allowing other people to run your life. This makes you a virtual prisoner and ofcourse that won’t make you happy. I would encourage you to think about what would make you happy if other people weren’t there to ruin it. (Like science?) Set boundaries with the people around you and protect/stand up for yourself if someone steps over that boundary. And/or try new things and commit to not letting anyone else influence your decision to stay with something or not. The situation with your dad maybe needs a conversation about how you feel and a request for responsibility that is not taken away (trust). I hope you find your happiness, @Apathy. It’s up to you. :blush:

3 Likes

You’ve got a lot going on for yourself, @Apathy. You’re an excellent contributor to this forum. Do what you enjoy doing in life, and let others worry about themselves.

3 Likes

There are so many thing on this world available, one is bound to make you happy.

Maybe start looking to see if any clubs near by offer free taster sessions. Many years ago I tried archery, yoga and diving!!!

I’ve heard it said their is a sport for everyone, individual or team!

Or you could see if their are any cooking or flower arranging classes near by, whatever floats your boat.

2 Likes

Sometimes even lifting doesn’t make me happy because girls will compliment me on my looks and guys will put me down because of my looks.

Sounds like jealousy from the guys. Yeah, I used to be terrible for letting what others said get to me. But not any more. Like others have said, don’t let others run your life.

Haters gonna hate.

2 Likes

And potatoes gonna potate

3 Likes

All hail the potato!

2 Likes