Schizophrenia.com

Feeing depression around my husband

He really doesn’t like leaving the house
Works full time
Calls 1.5 miles a long walk
Unbelievably difficult to get him out of the house to do anything
I used to ski, surf, sail, do yoga, ran half marathons
Down to me I know
But I’m now bored of being chained to the kitchen sink.
I met a woman who has done a study of how schizophrenia has better long term results if you are not too tied to your parents
I’ve been well since I met my husband 14 years ago but at the same cost that schizophrenia has, a limited life
Same as with my mum, limited my life by being ever present and invaluable

Please just to say, if a pack year is 20 cigarettes every day for a year, my mmm has suffered 22 years of one of her children being acutely psychotic for a year

I really don’t know what to think
Who to even go to about it

3 Likes

Is it possible to take up some of your old interest on your own? It’s not really fair that you limit yourself, because of others

Sorry that you’re struggling so much

2 Likes

Thanks @dcragg65
Yea I’m starting yoga again On Monday
Going hiking with my friend or my sister
Bought a wetsuit to sea swim and river swim
My new friend is moving away in about a month
Which just makes me want to cry
She’s like a sister

3 Likes

That’s tuff, sorry to hear that she will be moving.

1 Like

It’s actually very difficult to explain
My life has only really been limited by my schizophrenia
They are supportive my family
I can’t think of any way I could do more
My friend has been homeless and has lived in a caravan
She’s been alcoholic and bulimic
She’s had a hard time with bereavement and has turned into a more beautiful person than I have ever been
I realise my achievements are all down to my family
Whenever I question my mother’s motives like if she’s controlling I’m usually paranoid

1 Like

I feel an unbelievable hopeless sadness when I think of my husband
He is everything to me but now making fresh excuses that he knows this area too well to bother going out

Last place we lived he couldn’t stand the city and how far the drive was to get out to anywhere to walk

Now we live away from the city and now live where he grew up

I’m thinking of suggesting we move away from our family entirely with him and get to know a new place
But I think bollocks there will be another excuses

He is autistic

I know he has overload what autistic man would not want to stay home a lot if they’re working full time in a good job

He is amazing but all I want to do is get away from him

2 Likes

Maybe you do need to go hiking/swimming with a girlfriend. It might do you good

1 Like

And of course like with any man familiarity of marriage and ageing is making him turn into grumpy old f***

1 Like

Yes I am just starting to do this but it will take a general miracle to meet a new sister like the one who is moving to Scotland in 4 weeks who I only met a few weeks ago

2 Likes

Thanks for reading XXXXXX
@Loke
@Cragger

2 Likes

Is it possible that your husband is struggling with depression? That might explain why he doesn’t want to go out and do things

I’ve never been married, so I won’t pretend to have the answer. Just wondering if couples therapy is an option.

1 Like

How about joining a gym, getting some endorphin rush from exercise always cheers me up. maybe you can try that, i hope you feel better soon. :smiley:

1 Like

I wish you luck; hopefully, you find a way, with psychiatry, or medically for your depression.
I can be more than sad, some days. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wrong place sorry

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.