Schizophrenia.com

Fecking irritating

Small amounts of saliva keep oozing out of the corners of my mouth. At first it seemed to be only when lying down but it’s not. Ok not life threatening but very irritating and i’ve got the urge to frequently wipe the corners of my mouth/getting to feel very self conscious about it .
As Consta is the only drug i’m on apart from occasional use of codeine/migraleve(not used for months) i am guessing it’s the Consta.

Found this: Found this: All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes they are serious, but most of the time they are not. Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are using Risperdal Consta®. Some of the side effects include sleeplessness, agitation, anxiety, headache, trembling, excessive saliva muscle stiffness, restlessness in the legs, dizziness, fast heart rate.

Risperdal Consta: About our Schizophrenia Treatment

Also mentions about anxiety. I always wondered whether my anxiety being more of a regular thing than episodic was coincidental to going on Consta.

I know what your saying. That is a really annoying side effect. I had it when I was taking Clozaril. I hated Clozaril.

I had that for awhile but it went away after a few weeks, I’m not sure if it will for you but i hope it does. I had one med that caused excessive gas, that was embarrassing.

I produce more gas than i used to(often noisy) :blush: but think it’s probably an age thing.

I’m beginning to suspect risperdal to be the cause of my mental anxiety - reading, thinking, doing things… I take it as an add on. I think I’m going to ask to switch back to abilify on my next Drs visit.