Fear of mortality

Perhaps it is fear of mortality/death that has caused sickness… just a thought!

2 Likes

I think I don’t want to focus on bad things.

i do not fear the end, but I fear what it might be like if i stopped taking my medicine, I can tell you that.

2 Likes

I haven’t taken meds or used any drug besides alcohol (not even a problem) in the past 2 years. Through time alone and times breaking through every uncomfortable circumstance imaginable, I fell truly awake now days. It’s hurts unbearably sometimes, it’s also euphoric at times… all in all its life, and I don’t mind living this one I got.

2 Likes

good stuff. I just know before i got on meds my life felt like some kind of fantasy rpg game and everything that was ‘normal’ before became non-existent.

I cannot live in that bizarre reality anymore.

I don’t miss the euphoria that much. my delusions cause me to lose everything.

maybe it’s because I am an extreme minded person.

good on you for not needing medicine.

I feel rather haunted right now. Got a silly Jackson 5 song, “I’ll Be There,” stuck in my head. What would non-being feel like? It wouldn’t feel like anything. Even the music would be silenced… so this moment I’m thinking the end wouldn’t be so bad.

1 Like

It’s normal to fear death. We’re just not ready for it. When the time comes, it will be what we want.

Fear is irrational.

1 Like

My dear friend, i wrote you this letter to contradict your comment :slight_smile: . Fear of danger is real and not irrational, because we evolved the danger is not a big issue for us, we are civilised now. But the fear did not evolve in the same way as we did, so fear has adapted to survive modern times, fear has a mechanism of surviving

1 Like

The enlightened men don’t need fear, they know death is bad but also that it is inevitable and therefore you must accept it without negative emotions.

1 Like

I fear the reaper.

3 Likes

Don’t!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can’t control fear, nor ignore it. Fear is stronger then us people, is like trying to control sz

2 Likes

That’s why most of us aren’t enlightened :wink:

1 Like

You can, monks for example do it.

How do you know that? Have you been in a monks mind, have you heard it from him? Or you read/seen some books or movies?

Monks need to have that strong mask of enlighment because people look up to them

If I was a monk I wouldn’t not tell a person who looks up to me that I am afraid of a snake for example, I probably give a speach about what fear is and how to control it

It all sounds good in theory but in reality we cannot escape fear

1 Like

I read and I found that their tricks work, also some philosophers did it like Socrates.

1 Like

And you think they being honest?

They are models they can’t just be real

1 Like

Ok maybe they are lying but I don’t fear death, I’m ready…

2 Likes

Its only natural, we all die

1 Like