Fear is not real

as human beings you have 5 senses;
sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch.
these are real…
there is no denying this.
therefore…if …" i see a demon or snake or other monster " :ghost: …they are not real…as they are ’ not ’ part of the five senses.
therefore if not real ( the five senses ) they are then imagined…or part of the imagination.
though the imagination can cough up terrifying images…or scenarios…or monsters.
these images…are part of the imagination.
so " i am scared of what i conceptualize… " :scream: …is nonsensical…as it is not part of the five senses.
therefore not real.
therefore imagined.
who is scared of their imagination ?
no one…as it is imagined…made up…not real.
if something, be it a monster…terrifying images…terrifying scenarios are not based on the reality of the ’ five senses '.
they don’t exist.
the sixth sense is another matter .
take care :alien:

this concept/idea is from ’ noah elkrief ’ on you tube …it may help some of you…it has helped me. :heart:

4 Likes

Dunno. I’m afraid of the future. The future isn’t part of the 5 senses either, but it’s real.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

can you see the future…?
can you see one hour ahead of this time…1 year ahead…ten years ahead ?
no… you are imagining a future that is not ’ real '…has not happened.

3 Likes

So, at first I thought “I see, hear and feel my hallucinations”… (Although I haven’t been afraid in a long time) and wondered what you meant. But then I thought that it’s like watching a movie. You may be temporarily afraid by what you’re watching, but you don’t remain afraid because you know it’s not real. A movie has actors and a director and writers, etc. We are ultimately the creators of our hallucinations. It doesn’t feel like it, but keeping that in mind and focusing on the fact that we’re perceiving what our mind has created can help… Is that what you mean? :grin:

1 Like

if a grizzly bear is chasing you …:bear: : " GGggrrrrrrr ! " that is a fear based on actual sight, based on the here and now.
fear of a grizzly bear chasing you in the future is a concept.

2 Likes

but while he is chasing me, don’t I not so much fear the chase as the possible future outcome of him getting me…?

1 Like

we as sz have the unwanted ability to create an extra t.v :tv: in our head .
we see things that seem real.
that then distorts what we perceive to be real.

2 Likes

if it is real the grizzly bear will probably find some very large pieces of bread, add some mayonnaise and eat you !?! :scream:
:bear: " yum yum ! "

2 Likes

My fears can be warm or cold but they do have a temperature.

1 Like

My psychiatrist once told me that if it was not for fear we homo sapiens would not have survived or came as far as we did. I also did not want fear but she said it is part of the human make up. It is what kept us alive all these years.

1 Like

Fear can be very real and very valid. For example, Monday evening I was caught driving in a very thick fog that left me nearly unable to gauge my lane position. An oncoming truck was having even less luck figuring out his position as he was a third of the way over the rumble strip into my lane. He swerved back just before we collided. Darn near soiled my undies over that one.

Should also mention that my truck was loaded with 17,000L of BOOM at that point. Could have been one helluva fireball.

Now I think I have a fear of driving in the fog.

Pixel.

2 Likes

true;
’ actual ’ fear preserves life
’ imagined ’ fear hinders life

1 Like

My kitty is fearless. Zero fear. nada, nothing…
so I sucked her tail up in the vacuum just to see if she would run-
she swatted at me,
so I did it again…
and she let me!

I could learn a lot from her.

1 Like

I think there’s a difference between healthy fear and irrational fear.

1 Like

i quote someone wise ;
" danger is real, fear is an emotional construct " :grimacing:

1 Like

I think healthy fear is accompanied by soiled undies.

Pixel.

1 Like

smart kitty :cat2:

That helps.
What about the fear of a god. I can’t sense god.
The believe about a higher power can make me feel frightened but also good.

1 Like

I get you. Thanks for bringing it up - fear shape us more than anything.
I guess that’s why the strategy called “face your fear” has so much success. Because when you actually go into the thing you’re afraid of (notice that fear is never the thing itself, it only relates to it, as an attachment, or like a tumor) it makes you lose the fear forever.

1 Like