Fear and managing money

I can have someone else I know to do it if they’re willing. If not, I have to use a company and hire someone from the company. If I have to do that, I also have to pay the payee out of my Ssdi

1 Like

Not really. I always paid my bills on time so I’m not sure why the government found me incapable

1 Like

How? They made you do an interview? I didn’t have one and my spending issues are too much, its much better for me to have someone wiser with money manage my money. I am thinking about making my youngest brother my payee after my parents die.

I currently have 200 000$CA in bitcoins. I paid them 1125$CA but forgot my password :sob:

1 Like

They did not make me do an interview. I just applied for disability. They granted it to me on my first try, but they said I needed a payee

1 Like

Pretty sure the earliest withdraw on the pension plan in canada is 59 years old not 51.

Its not a pension plan. Its called compte d’epargne et invalidité.

It means a disability saving account.

Oh right your in quebec

1 Like

I used to have a payee, my psychiatric care provider, but in 2014 they made me my own payee, so I control my own money now.

1 Like

Lots of normies have spending issues like this. I think you just have bad spending habits.
I have some friends that would spend like 150-200 bucks on one meal and do this every week or more.

Learning to control spending habits is a skill that isn’t really taught.

Face palm. Lolol

1 Like

My only decent( not fantastic) ADL is money management. I can spend more some months than others, but I’m not in debt. Bills are paid by direct debit( not sure of the Canada/USA equivalent). Credit/debit card expenses- in full each month by direct debit.

1 Like

Here in the USA, you sign a form with Social Security declaring a person/organization as your Representative Payee. That person opens a checking account which is titled organization For your name. The Rep Payee pays your bills, gives you money, ect. You have to ask them first if you want to spend money on something that isn’t in your weekly allowance.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for the info.

1 Like

Here in the U.K. it’s called appointeeship, The person must lack capacity managing their finances to be granted a appointeeship. I’m under appointeeship and social services receive my benefits and they give me a weekly allowance of £135 paid into my personal account., they pay all my bills. I had to have a assessment by a psychologist and she said I lacked capacity as vulnerable to exploration and rubbish with money management.

Its not too bad though and my appointee is okay and gives me money when ever I ask for a top up, also having a appointee means I don’t get called to disability benefit assessments and I’m able to save money.

On my allowance day I go food shopping with my support staff, spend about £50 for the week. I go to this little coffee shop in town and buy two coffees, one for me and one for the staff and drink on a bench at the moment, the rest I buy alcohol but I’ve stopped drinking at the moment so saving the money.

1 Like

Thats good, you don’t overspend like me that way. I would love that. What questions did the psychologist ask?

2 Likes

At first basic questions like counting change, expecting change back. etc, Then asked me about direct debits and what being minus and plus credit means in your bank. What a credit card is for. etc. What interest is. About exploration stuff. I failed the exploration stuff. Lending money, being taken advantage off.

1 Like

Thanks @bobbilly

1 Like

my mum manages my money. When i want something i ask her.

1 Like

What will you do without her?

1 Like