Favorite comedian

Trevor noah …

4 Likes

Frankie Boyle the scottish comedian - some of his jokes are just… so evil! lol

2 Likes

Patton Oswalt is thoughtful. Also like Henry Rollins spoken word, its not comedy, but its funny and encouraged me to be a better person. I used to download and relisten to the everywhere I went.

1 Like

C’mon? No one said Bob Saget. No doubt he reads this forum so let’s not hurt its feelings.

But I love everyone else’s as well.

3 Likes

Props for the Henry Rollins thing @Andrew.
I never saw Black Flag live, but I remember borrowing “Damaged” from the local library of all places around the time when it came out. Later, I taught myself “Rise Above” on guitar.
I also recall seeing all of the band members going in to a Residents show in LA when I was a teenager.
I remember seeing live footage of them on cable TV (Night Flight) when Henry Rollins had really long hair doing “Slip it In”.
And I remember reading a few bits of his books many years later during an outing to a big book store across from a hospital I was doing a inpatient study in. He was really unpretentious yet deep, kinda like a more modern Bukowski.
He was a DJ later on a local station now gone, along with Steve Jones from the Pistols. They resurrected some killer and surprising stuff, everything from McCartney’s Jet and bands like Slade (Jones) to stuff like The Fall, The Birthday Party, and The Dead Boys (Rollins), which I’ve never heard on the radio before then or sin

3 Likes

I love Rollins’ philosophy and approach to life, not a huge fan of the Rollins Band and don’t know much about the scenes and movements he was surrounded by during his time in Black Flag, but love to listen to his storytelling about his days touring with the band and even his early life experiences in DC.

You should check out the Henry & Heidi podcast on itunes in which he gives sort an insider look at some of the adventures he had at various points in his life, his bizarre celebrity friendships, seeing his favorite bands live as a teenager, violent stuff which happened on tour, starting up his publishing company.

I really enjoyed his stories about his life experiences and basically adopted his political views as my own, though I’m not an activist. In a lot of ways he was a figure who guided my views at a time when I was really unsure how to approach anything, and yes, he is really down to earth for someone who has met so many amazing people and had so many amazing experiences. Never read any of his books, but listened to Get In The Van.

It’s weird, I don’t share a common taste in music with him, but loved his philosophy with music in general and tried to find my own eclectic mix of artists to enjoy. Great down to earth guy who taught me the power of written and spoken words, if nothing else.

1 Like

steven wright has funny stuff man…he’s so funny !!

1 Like

Bill Hicks

4 Likes

I like trevor noah too …!!! He is south african…!!

3 Likes

I think I heard the album version of Baby Cobra on Napster a month or two ago. I thought it was pretty funny.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.