Fasting 151515

Can you fast while on anti psychotics? It’s a question I’m going to ask my pdoc at my next session but I’m wondering if anyone here has done it.

2 Likes

My pdoc said to take my AP only after i take breakfast. Not on empty stomach idk why

2 Likes

No no I meant take the AP with food but the rest of the day, fast.

1 Like

I think we should eat healthy while on APs. I believe fasting is not good for us. My personal opinion

2 Likes

I have to take one of my meds with meals too. The food makes the med (Geodon), work better. But, I usually skip lunch and I usually don’t snack. So, that’s partial fasting.

2 Likes

i probably shouldn’t say anything but I did a 7 day fast without any supervision. I had some extra weight to burn off, so I just fasted. I do this once a year usually in spring with water or coffee.

the first 48-72 hours are the worst for me as far as feeling hungry…after that your body starts to consume stored fat.

a lot of people think fasting isn’t healthy so that’s all i’ll say

1 Like

I used to fast on saturdays (sabbath??) for a good part of those days, but it left me feeling VERY weak, not eat and just lay around all day. I Dont recommend fasting , it s hard on the body- unless you have the flu or something.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.