Schizophrenia.com

Fancy words you use that are in your vocabulary

I’ll start…it’s the architectural term for windows in a building…fenestration…do you know any neat words you use in your vocabulary that you would like to share?

1 Like

I say neuroplasticity at least once a day

3 Likes

I just described a co-worker as obsequious.

3 Likes

I like defenestration, a word for something being thrown out a window.

1 Like

@naturallycured it’s so strange that you mention defenestration because there was a band in college that was popular called defenestration…good times…thanks for reminding me…

please anyone that posts a fancy word explain what it means…what does obsequious mean @MrSquirrel

@ninjastar what does that word mean?

1 Like

Neuroplasticity is the way your brain changes shape and size based on patterns of behavior and routines.

1 Like

IDK, I say “dichotomy” occasionally. I have been known to use “epiphany”.

1 Like

I like ostentatious, assiduous, oxymoron, conscientious. But obviously I’m a non-native.

1 Like

I dont do fancy words well in fact I try using fancy words sometimes as my partner is a writer editor … he finds it funny but he’s not mean about it , he thinks it sweet in some odd way

I’m always surprised that people don’t know the word “titrate”.
Also “exacerbate”

2 Likes

I don’t take well to people using fancy, complicated words if there exists simpler words that essentially describe the same thing.
It makes them sound like they want to sound smart and not have you understand them.

That being said, my favourite word is the Finnish word Kalsarikännit, which describes the act of getting drunk alone in your underwear with no intention of leaving the house :joy:

2 Likes

StarCraft 2 everyday

And nintendo at night

I use the word schizophrenic almost everyday and that’s a mouthful to hear if you are a normie.

Ubiquitous is my favorite word. The ■■■■■■■■ are ubiquitous here. Lol jk. Love you all!

I have one or two fancy words, can’t think of them right now.

Pathophysiology, biomechanics, dissecting human cadavers, etc

Perseverate. Not sure if that’s fancy

1 Like