Family support

I met a man well over 2 years ago and we ended up having a child together. Well my son is 19 months old now and his dad suddenly came back into our lives kind of. I decided to meet him first before bringing his son to see him along with the fact his text messages were sort of odd with random quotes from movies etc. Well we went out for breakfast and he began to act peculiar. He continued to tell me how he met Jesus and people were afraid of him because he would tell them that. I noticed then he was serious about what he seen and he continued to move about the store telling people then he added more to his story. I knew somethingwas wrong I found out later that day he is schizophrenic and has been off his medication for over a year. I immediately drove him home in the way he began to hit my dash and scream obscenities at me. I pulled over on the interstate requested he get out of my vehicle then I decided after driving a mile to go get him and take him home. He was running all over like a deer talking insane things on the highways I called 911 and reported him I explained about him having issues etc. They took him to the local hospital were he still is being treated for his schizophrenia among other issues. Will he remember me and be angry for me calling the police and getting him help? Will be remember anything and of he gets medicine will he not remember contacting me ? I do want him to be a part of. His son’s life only after he is in a better state of mind I’m not saying perfect but at least more logical. Did I do the right thing here ? I am worried he will not remember us and I don’t want to trigger something in him later to cause him to relapse . does anyone have any positive advice or any way I could cope with all of this ?

I did weird stuff like that. He will remember you. He probably won’t feel like he was in control of himself and not feel guilty. That’s kinda how I felt.

1 Like

@Hector_G

You should join the family forum here

You’ll probably get better and more meaningful replies there.

2 Likes

Sorry my post wasn’t meaningful @everhopeful

Your post was meaningful. I’m talking about future replies.

2 Likes

oh okay, It seems like she purposely came to this forum to ask someone with schizophrenia a question. You are probably right though what she wants to hear is on the family and caregivers forum.

1 Like

@Hector_G, I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Rhubot
Volunteer Moderator

2 Likes