Family feud

My family own a businesses.I always have a delusion that there will be a feud between my brother and me when my father pass away.This delusion has been with me for sometime

Do you and your brother usually work together co-operatively and have a well functioning relationship?

My relationships with my siblings are craptacular and full of conflict. I would never work with them. My current colleagues and managers are all lovely, I would never have that dynamic with my siblings! But I’m guessing if you choose to work with your brother then you get along ok, and you’ve identified your non-existent family feud as a delusion so it sounds like a waste of time.

Is your father in good health & relatively young ? - what I mean is, are you worrying prematurely about your father’s passing?

My dad passed away over a decade ago and there was loads of conflict & agro over the will amongst his descendants.

If you’re in a happy family and work in a healthy family business I think you should count your blessings & don’t understand why you’d ever want to be, albeit in a delusional way, in a family of conflict & aggression which is reality for me.

1 Like

Ask your father to write a legal will with the assistance of a lawyer in how the assets of your father will be split between you and your brother. The legal will is a binding document that when your father passes away, the inheritance of the family business will be defined.

2 Likes

Hey,my grandmother haven’t passed away and my dad is almost 60 years old and are in good health.I just felt my brother and I had feud,it’s my delusion because he never felt feud with me

2 Likes

yeah it definitely sounds delusional @Gtx1990. There is no evidence in reality to support your anxiety of a possible family feud. You should take steps to decrease your delusion.

Have you gotten rid of other delusions before?

1 Like

What do you mean by you have delusion ?
No one have delusion know he has delusion
You better see doctor

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.