False-positive for oxycodone

I took a dt at my aprn/psychiatrist office and I got a false positive for oxycodone.

I haven’t taken any drugs, legal or illegal besides my prescription medications. Which does include naltrexone

I’ve also been steadily eating poppy seed bagels

I don’t remember eating it right before I went in Tuesday for the drug test but it could have been.

I took another drug test today and it was “fading” the positive results for oxycodone.

Still there tho.

Not sure why I would produce a positive result for oxycodone. Never taken it in my life or anything.

1 Like

I don’t understand why you were taking drug tests at the Pdoc’s office.

I’m doing an IOP there in the office I did a dt for the iop. Then I was confused they gave me another drug test today. I said hey I have nothing to hide. Not sure why I would need another drug test but I took it anyways they said it was fading off the results

1 Like

Poppy seeds make you fail a drugs test.

2 Likes

I told my mom to buy plain bagels now :bagel:

1 Like

That’s crazy that few. And then I had another on Wednesday I think and then it didn’t show up as strong today. I’m gonna call my aprn now

3 Likes

You tend to be very honest and open when you DO take drugs, so if these docs have any experience with you as a person they should believe you. If they are new to your case, you might have a harder time explaining yourself.

2 Likes

It was my third time ever at the office but she thought a doctor had given my oxycodone without telling me what it was. Idk maybe she was just saying that. But she said I would get violently ill on naltrexone and I said I knew and I’ve never taken opiates in my life. Well that was a white lie. I took em
A number of years ago didn’t get high but I didn’t know how to explain that. But that’s the truth on it. Poppy seeds

1 Like

Mt pdoc does random drug testing. So does my pcp.

1 Like

I don’t understand why.

That’s weird to me.

I don’t think I would like it if any of my doctors asked for a drug test.

Not that I’m using anything other than cannabis, which I’m real upfront with.

To me it would feel like they thought I was untrustworthy. Or like they were trying to get me in trouble instead of trying to help.

1 Like

Loads of people have failed opioid tests having eaten poppy seed buns. It is pretty common.

1 Like

Some countries ban poppy seeds for this reason

1 Like

I would feel the same.

It would make me want a new doctor.

1 Like

Another common one is using mouthwash with alcohol in it and getting a false positive on a drink driving test. In the UK they take you back to the station for a blood test to make sure.

3 Likes

Iop is the right move usually at least for me. Im sure theyll understand as apparently if youeat poppy seeds they can folse positive your test. That I didnt know

Whatever it is these drug tests dont seem to be 100% truth, I passed an intake drug test for iop having smoked weed all week before, and my former roommate has done the same. I think it all comes down to how understanding they are, my iop therapist was amazing and most of the people there were really cool

2 Likes

Yeah I start the iop next Monday but then I miss 3 days in Florida before I come back to iop

1 Like

what is iop? 151515

Intensive outpatient program

Basically it can be for addiction, mental health or both and its pretty much group therapy DBT I think

But it lasts all day 3 days a week

1 Like