Schizophrenia.com

False memories

How do you know if a memory is false? What false memories do you have?

Don’t have too many, like on the straight and narrow with my past. People say about past lives and on sz our imaginations go wild with the possibilities. But I don’t think so @msylvan. You might forget stuff but I pretty much stick to this life. How would you know? Keep testing it to see if its true, by asking family or friends. We think these things because the awesome door is open in our minds and a lot of stuff seems true that isn’t like delusions. So don’t fall for that trap and use your noodle and investigate more.

1 Like

I question my memories a lot but I know now that they’re real

1 Like

False if it never happened. For me, I think some of my false memories have no evidence or proof or were covered up. If not, then they happened in past lives/parallel universes.

2 Likes

People say it’s a false memory that I lived in another universe too. But, it’s one of the clearest memories I have.

2 Likes

I have a memory of being an alien. It’s probably false but it’s very vivid.

1 Like

Remembering a home in a world far away in the ethereal, still long to return. It’s so real in my mind.

My logical mind tells me that they were just hallucinations and delusions, but the madman in me still believes

1 Like

Same here. 15151515151515 chars

1 Like

I had false memories that tied in with my psychosis.

1 Like