Fallen and bought a pack

I picked up a pack of cigs yesterday, then stopped smoking today and then now I’m smoking again…I think buying the pack totally defeated me…I want to try some time to stop smoking again, but right now I’m just devestated…I made it five days before I fell…I really thought I had a chance…

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again. We’ll be with you again when you decide to try it.

2 Likes

At least you bought a pack and not a carton like I do. If you quit for five days, just throw the pack away. You can* fight it!

1 Like

My method that I’m following isn’t to succumb to defeat by failing and picking up a cigarette. It’s the realization that today I made it further than the last time and tomorrow I’ll go longer.

1 Like

whoops i accidently said cant fight it…totally meant to type CAN

1 Like

Aw…you were doing so well. Those stinky cigs made friends with you again.

1 Like

dont get down about it michael…just dust urself off and try again when ur ready. i made it for 9 days b4 i gave in the last time. next time i will try again. good luck hunni xxx

2 Likes

its a habit @jukebox its hard to quit even with patches etc, dont beat yourself up too bad,

i remember it took me more than a few attempt to quit, i actually quit for about 6 mths one time and then i fell off the wagon even after all that time i bought a pack,

if you keep trying and keep it at the back of your mind that you want to then you should be able to somehow i think. so don’t worry you can always try again.

2 Likes

You do have a chance. Refocus and start again. You can’t beat yourself up every time you slip. Then trying to quit will be linked to sadness. No, You made it 5 whole days with out a smoke. That is hard work and something to be proud of. So now, try 6. Don’t smoke the whole pack. Maybe use this pack to taper off? Or if you do smoke this pack, stop again when it’s gone.

My sis tells her friends and her students “you only really fail if you stop trying”

1 Like