Failed Alzheimer's trial leaves families and patients heartbroken. Medical community reels

2 Likes

But there’s still hope :

1 Like

There already have been failed Alzheimer’s treatments. One which involved Risperdal on Alzheimer’s patients experiencing hallucinations cost the drug company over a billion dollars. They raised their prices to make up for the loss and it was one of the many lawsuits on meds that made them so damned expensive in the US. It saddens me that people feel that winning money in a lawsuit is a suitable way to make up for the premature death of a loved one. “Pass the caviar and give thanks to Uncle John who died at 90 rather than 100.” It is also sad to me that the increased price of the meds makes it difficult for those that the meds actually help to not live on disability or to live period if it’s a drug they need in order to merely survive because the company that makes it was sued over another drug they made. If the families successfully sue because the Alzheimer test failed I wonder how many drugs will double or triple in price and how many people will leave the workforce in order to have the government pay for their meds.

1 Like
1 Like