Facing Reality

Try not to give up on playing the guitar. Just take it one day at a time. Have you ever played in a band before?

1 Like

@Jake I trying like hell not to give up. It just gets hard sometimes

Yeah, I played in a few bands. My first band was Jasmine Thai. It lasted for about seven years, had a lot of fun with my friends doing it.

Then there was band number two… Don’t even ask me what the name was… I think I was drinking a lot at the time LOL. Plus College, it was a cluster f*** for a while there

Now I’m in my third band after a lot of time doing some solo stuff in the bars and in the studio. We are calling ourselves Fair-weather Beggar but someone said the name might be taken

What about yourself? Have you ever played in bands?

1 Like

No, I’ve never played in a band before. Well I hope you can play again.

1 Like

You should try it. Just hack around for fun. Pick a 3 Chord Song and kick the s*** out of it

I’m hoping I can get some of it back. Thanks man

1 Like

Your welcome @Cragger

1 Like

My voices are usually only nice WHEN I practice my guitar.

1 Like

I used to scream a LOT at my Alter ego, my main voice, which I can barely hear but still has his effectiveness. No one ever complained. I stopped screaming but for a few times for about four years. Drawing helps.

1 Like

I’m in a similar situation with my ability to read. My voices don’t like me doing it and my mind is even more poor these days. I read for thirty minutes and went black. I was disappointed.

2 Likes

Snap back to reality

1 Like

Sounds to me like it might just be a concentration issue maybe? Not so much losing something maybe?. A combination of the voices distracting you and the negative effects of sz and meds on concentration?

1 Like

you look very happy in that picture.

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you, other than to say that music is a very positive influence in your life, and it is worth hanging on to.

1 Like

Try playing fade into you by mazzy star. It’s really pretty song. I guess I’m requesting sorry hugs get to feeling better.

1 Like

yes yes that’s exactly what’s happening to me.conetrating is bad for me I cant concentrate.

2 Likes

I have no energy left, I’m burned right out so I’m going to crawl into bed now. Thank you so much everyone for your responses. It’s so very appreciated

NEVER GIVE UP!!! Right

2 Likes

thanks nurse.take your medication lol.

1 Like

Give it time and work on your mental health. Cognitive issues are not constant. It could just be your sz acting up.

1 Like

Thanks @anon9798425 I know I will bounce back in a day or two. This is just my monthly meltdown I guess

And thanks everyone again for your support, It Ain’t Easy sometimes

Cheers

2 Likes

I hope you feel better dcragg65 and your stress goes away.

1 Like

Thanks man, feeling a little better today. Just had to flush out the pipes with some scream therapy LOL