Facing our inner voices: AVATAR therapy for auditory hallucinations in people with psychosis

3 Likes

I am not sure if that would make things better or worse for me :confused: one of the reasons I don’t like sleeping in the dark is because I start to see the things talking to me

if oyu watch the embedded video he states that it’s supposed to be frightful at first… it is really supposed to pan up with your voices and feel just like them… but they actually let you win out of them… and doing so over time allows the psychological trust set in…

@firemonkey that’s hella substantial and remarkedly brilliant… grotesque and strange at the same time… but the fact that it has real direct results… and is also about the best example to use in explaining psychosis to non-psychotic individuals… that really is profound…

I mean I’m a rarity as a non-medder… but it’s only because I have a deeper belief that psychosis can be cured and reversed… and that path is not just a series of pills… It’s about understanding the voices themselves AND NO ONE HAS EVER WANTED TO GO THERE! man I’m not frustrated any more… it’s just laughable how weak people are in the face of it.

At least someone’s got balls out there… it’s a simple psychological tactic… and it capitalizes on actually utilizing environmental stimulus instead of denying the stimulus as being an issue… WHOOOO!

Man I frankly fucken knew I was right the whole time anyways… but thank god beyond that for this break through… my mom has a million words to eat… and this gives me hope that someday they will have a good example of what the internal experience of psychosis is… because damn… the way people treat a schizo… when they are well aware of their condition… is totally unfair… and they just always down play the importance… it’s soo ■■■■■■■ insensitive and backwards… especially when said schizo has insight and IS willing to explain things… and they just won’t go there.

I think my schizophrenia is sometimes about making up for things I’m missing in real life.

I get that feeling sometimes too…

It’s risky to trust psychosis… but it’s important to like certain aspects but only to the extent you find some malleable bits…

Psychosis blows… but this article has left me totally confident that with more research in the direction… more direct intervention type techniques can exist and are just as effective in proven case studies… people are actually going to get far better help in the future…

A lot of therapists want to leave it alone because it’d be practically impossible to have a legitimate certification in having promise to mend schizophrenic aspects of deterioration in the mind…

I just think it’s kind of funny… because it’s like dimentia… except it doesn’t have terminal efficacy. It doesn’t kill us… it frankly doesn’t make us any dumber… or really even less like ourselves in the long run… hah… I can laugh about it right now because my voices are going to be biting bullets while I proudly just stand next to them in my head and blatantly start analyzing how to potentially uproot them boldy without question in knowing it eventually will be done…

hah they are just crappy bogus aspects of the imagination that get plasticized in for too long due to recurring stress and distrust issues… and then they take to having a self-persistent semi-adaptive psychology within themselves that will fight for it’s right to exists using what ever it can… capitalize on distressed or chemically woozy states to further induce the patient to listen to them… because the obvious nature is indeed that attention feeds them… but they are unfortunately too strongly embedded by the time they hit the chronic state for it to be realistic to expect anyone to be able to truly ignore them…

The thing that comes back when oyu have to aknowledge listening to them again is worry and recognition of the illness… and the wondering why it’s there… and then personal insecurities… then frustrations with other’s who either reinforce those insecurities or seem outside them and won’t offer any advice… then schizophrenia phase to… that establishes a persectuion complex in front of the “not so different after all” folk around… a persecution complex that seems real or is easier to belief due to distrust… and from there… because the psychosis would be the only thing with the answers to explain itself… the voices/entity mashup… finally gets the narrow focused attention it wants to grow… or sustain itself…

We really just need confidence… it’s actually impossible for human beings to not be insecure… So I’ll acccept that insecurities are actually healthy ways of indicating desired room for growth… and it’s dumb to be frustrated with insecurities… because they are just there… I don’t know a single person without them.

Frankly just knowing it’s not supposed to be there… and casually accepting that it can go away… and then it’s really just not supposed to be there… and just meditating on the actual feeling of trust that develops… learning to recognize it and make it stable ground to call on…