Schizophrenia.com

Facebook messaging

So I’ve been messaging this girl from high school, who I have a crush on. Long story short: I kinda wanna date her, but I have no idea how she feels about me or anything. I just randomly messaged her outta the blue, and we’ve been just talking like old friends (which we are).

She lives in Florida, and I live in Ohio. Which throws a wrench into this. But how should I go about telling her my intentions? I’ll be honest with her, and let her know how I feel and tell her I’ve been dealing with MI since high school. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

I should note that she messages me back maybe once every 3-4 days, so it’s not like we’re chatting often. I think she’s keeping me at a friendly distance, or just sucks at messaging back lol

Well, the distance alone is sort of a huge factor. How would you overcome that?

1 Like

I have no idea lol she still has family here in OH, and visits them often I think. I’ve done the long distance relationship before, but I’m not sure I could do it again. This kinda seems like a pipedream, but I’m trying to come out of my shell and socialize more.

1 Like

When you say she visits often by often do you mean once a month or once a year?

1 Like

I’m not totally sure, I’m just basing that off pics I’ve seen where she’s with her family here. So it could be several times a year, plus the times she comes back to see her old friends that still live in the area.

We haven’t talked that much yet, just started last week and we’re still talking about our respective dogs lol.

1 Like

I think it’s too early in the relationship to tell her you want to date. Just keep getting to know her for a while is my advice

2 Likes

Thank you @Zannah. This is good advice.

1 Like

well, give it more time. Get to know her and her situation better. Let things happen naturally. If something happens between you then that’s great.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @leafy and @Zannah for the thoughtful responses. I needed some other perspective. You’ve both been helpful :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m glad we helped.

1 Like

become friends first 87876587659

1 Like

Bump

She is only responding back like once every 3-4 days, so I think she’s sending me a hint that she’s not interested in that way. Maybe she just wants to remain friends. Oh well, I tried lol.

If you’re not worried about being rejected, which you shouldn’t be, you should just let her know you want to date. It’s better to know the truth, so you can get over it, if it’s not going to work out.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! @Brendalyn now I’m kinda torn on what to do lol I’m awful at these kind of situations