Extremely embarrassed and feel like I don’t deserve a relationship

After my episode in November where I stayed in hospital I broke off contact with my partner for a month in my delusional state. Now I’m embarrassed to face his family because I was mean and feel bad and guilty. I feel like his family would rather me end it with him because somethings wrong with me.

1 Like

If your partner really cares about you, and I think he does, he will never let his family interfere. Even more, he will vouch for you and defend you in front of anyone who disapproves of your relationship.

3 Likes

What do you and your partner want? I’d focus on that

2 Likes

@andrey @CoCo thanks guys, he really does care about me,I really care about him and thats why I don’t want to hurt him. I am scared it will happen again… But if it does I need a treatment plan… I don’t want to see him hurt again… I hurt him by pretending to be with someone else because I thought it best to split with him and he was better off with someone else…

You should make your decisions, as if his family weren’t around.

2 Likes

if you both want to be in a relationship then that is all that matters… shouldn’t worry about his family cause they are outside of what you 2 have. But i get why you feel like this though… you also don’t know what will happen in the future… maybe you don’t relapse if you stable on your meds.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.