Experience with risperidone

Just curious what peoples experience with risperidone is. I’ve been on it for a couple of years now.

1 Like

I was on it while I was on drugs, so i don’t remember much. But I do remember it silenced the voices quite a bit

1 Like

I also take Respridal 3mg… soon going to cut it down into 2 mg…!!! Good medication…

I take 3mg as well! It seems to work really well!

1 Like

I take 15mg risperidone and I have erectile dysfunction… No other side effects…

1 Like

Om think about Clozapine if u still hearing voices…!!!

1 Like

U are a king man…!!!

1 Like

Thanks niraj. I will think about it. Today I had no voices…

1 Like

Okay take care om. …!!!

1 Like

You too my friend…

1 Like

I switched because of the sexual side effects

im on risperdal consta 37.5mg depot and its pretty good. I’m also taking 6mg invega ER which I think is better so maybe I’ll switch to sustenna if i can

or ill keep it like it is idk

I am currently on 3mg of risperidone.
It works wonders for me but it’s not without side effects like weight gain and sexual dysfunction.

1 Like

Well let’s see. I switched to Risperidone in 2011 after developing diabetes on Zyprexa. Risperdal has worked well for me though I recently iniicreased the dose to 5mg because I recently started hearing voices occasionally where I previously wasn’t. My leg muscles are somewhat stiff and I have sexual dysfunction. No other problems. The sexual dysfunction could be due to other medications I take or my diabetes. I’m 59 years old.

I just spoke to my pharmacist about the leg stiffness. He said the Simvastatin I take was the likely culprit and to stop taking it and see the doctor. He didn’t think it was the Risperidone.

1 Like

it was negative for me perhaps i will keep it to myself.

I previously took Risperdal 1 mg along with Dexedrine Spansules 40 mg per day, not for psychosis, but rather autism - many years before being diagnosed as having psychosis-NOS.

Following treatment with Risperdal, I experienced improvement in irritability, aggression and repetitive behaviours. Mild sedation was the only side effect I encountered.

I’m on Risperdal Consta injections. It works really well. I’m happy with it. Except that I’ve got this idea that it interferes with my ability to play the piano. And I am in conflict as to whether or not I should try something else and see if I can play better as a result. I’m really torn up about this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.