Experience and Innocence

Do you feel that both experience and innocence reside within you? It’s a line from a song, and I think it sums up the schizophrenic mind.

I think normal people lose the ‘innocence’ part, but schizophrenics don’t.

1 Like

I’m very naive about a lot of things.

1 Like

When I was 19 I was in Miami and this African-American bartender who let me drink said “How old are you?” I’m like “19” and she was like “oh my god, hes so cute! But he looks so innocent!” to my mother.

And then she let me drink.

I was always innocent looking but now I feel kinda corrupted.

1 Like

As sz’s we are weak in knowledge of the harsh realities of life. That does not mean we never act harshly, it only means we didn’t understand.

3 Likes

me lately i feel inexperienced also… with all my symptoms i feel like a bad person and not innocent. but inexperienced definitely yes…

1 Like

I’m very gullible with certain things but my experience tells me to back off, so it goes

1 Like

Sz are innocent due to the illness . our actions aren’t our fault but some choices are in the cards of fateful dreams

1 Like

Same here. I think I look like some kind of innocent quire boy, and people think I am more innocent than I really am. People tend to not want me to sin as much as some others do. It has a good and bad effect. People tend to give me the benefit of the doubt, but when I really do something bad they’re scandalized.

1 Like

I agree with you.

1 Like

I think I have both experience and innocence.

Like @77nick77 said, I can be very naive and trusting. But I also built walls with experience.

I think having a balance is key. The experience builts instinct, the innocence lets us ignore that instinct and thus build more experience.

1 Like

I feel almost innocent to a fault at times. Constant wishful thinking, hoping for the best, being overly optimistic regarding some things. My experience should override these ideals that all people are inherently good trustworthy and decent overall but i just cant shake the innocent part that always believes in the best in people, until im burned again due to my naivety. My experience never seems to win out

Well said!

2 Likes