Existing on both sides of the good-bad spectrum

I never thought enough about the teaching that man is capable of good or evil. Shouldn’t it be “capable of good AND evil”. Because we have all been complimented and we have all been scolded so we know we have been noticed as both good and evil. What isn’t fair about being mentally ill is that, as soon as we are scolded, we start thinking we’re all bad. And that weakens us.

2 Likes

another profound chordy moment…i agree :heart:
take care :alien:

I think the general consensus is that there is a good side and a dark side to life. I really am in disagreement with this view. I think that the good things in life that we do and enjoy and consider important should far outweigh the evil that we involve ourselves in, for some foolish, irresponsible, or rebellious reason there is at the time we choose to involve ourselves in it. It is good and very important however for there to be this freedom to be able to choose. I am a firm believer in the Bible quote that “we will reap what we sow” and like the Hindu belief in the law of Karma where the belief is that everything we think, do and say will come back to us. This is also equivalent to the Bible saying that reads, “Be sure your sins will find you out” and “Do unto others as you would have done to you”. … So go ahead somebody, and stick it to me.lol