"Everyone is a little crazy!"

Is it just me or is it highly offensive that people act like being called crazy is like a symbol of high status? I get mad when people start saying they’re crazy and they don’t even have mental illness because they’re claiming they’re what I am and I have almost died multiple times because of being my own worst enemy with what I am and they have no clue what I’ve had to do to make it this far. If these “crazy” people had to take on my mental illness they’d probably die from starvation and homelessness in a week tops if they didn’t commit suicide first.

3 Likes

Try not to worry about them - it only stresses you out - no good I think.

Kate xxx

2 Likes

I’m trying to condition myself to not get so mad I can fly into a rage at people being purely ignorant and have no desire to try to overcome it.

Also I put this under “unusual beliefs” to poke fun at the “crazy” people thinking they’re insane but they’re healthy. rofl

Just say, you are not crazy sir, you’re just a dumb ass

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out a good comeback that steals their thunder away like when people try to get into Oppression Olympics with me and I tell them I don’t care whose life is better or worse because both issues need addressed really.

I new some guy that was working and doing normie things. He told me he was crazy like a scare tactic. I siad, O really bro! Your crazy! Then we kind of had a back and forth about the subject. It’s not worh it though. People are stuck in there ways sometimes. He could’ve siad he was a ninja and not changed his mind

Eh I’ve actually gotten people to leave me alone acting crazier than they probably are. One time I had a carload of guys pull up to me in a parking lot yelling “GET HOME” when I was walking to work. So I started talking to myself in front of them and acted like I didn’t even notice they were there and they actually just pulled off and didn’t bother me any longer.

1 Like

There was also the time a carload of people pulling out of that same parking lot were yelling “PEACE” at me and doing peace signs with their hands so I started marching in place coldly yelling “HEIL HITLER. DEATH TO ALL HUMANS.” complete with the Hitler salute with my arm and they immediately stopped and wouldn’t look at me any longer and almost got hit by another car trying to pull out to the street.

Lol, it’s not worth the time of day. Don’t let them stress you out and cause a reaction or relapse. They just want your attention and to take your focus away from what ever else you have to do.

It actually works really well. I was a housekeeper at the local mall another time and some kids were running around causing a lot of trouble and security was nowhere in sight after forever so I walked up to one and grabbed his arm while acting like I had tremors and told him in a shakey voice I liked to stab people when I miss my medication and they all seriously freaked out and left the mall ASAP in front of me.

Wow, haha the kid probably ■■■■ himself.

1 Like

He jerked away from me like he was seriously scared yeah haha. I probably got complaints sent to my boss later but she never really did anything about them until I meatspinned the mall directors and they had to fire me then. rofl

I had to work through a phase of recovery during which I was pretty sure almost everyone else was “dangerously stupid.” (Well; we are paranoid, ya know.)

The following, skills-training psychotherapies (mostly acquired from books and workbooks in my case) pulled my mental sox right-side out again.

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – Psychotherapy | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness & scroll down
DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
MBCT - Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy: theory and practice - PubMed
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

Now I pretty much just use 10 StEP on a daily basis to keep my sox right-side-out.