Everyone at my high school knew I was losing touch

I had my first psychotic break junior year of high school in a very small private school. If someone dropped a pen you’d be hearing about it five minutes later on the other side of the campus. In other words, everyone knew everything about people. I was in my own world and delusional. It was horrific being like that in a small school. I don’t look back fondly at any of my high school years.

5 Likes

That’s really tough @Nomad. When I attempted suicide in high school, everyone had a strong opinion. Lots of people felt I owed them a lot for their stress from hearing about it. No one thought to care about why I felt that way and about the trouble I was going through. It was all about them.

2 Likes

That’s tough.

I went to a small private school in middle school and know what you mean about how word spreads.

Sorry you went through that in such an environment.

2 Likes

Some kid in high school said “your always drowning in paranoia and denial, I’m the only friend you have, so treat me with respect you mental scum” his exact words… Jack a ss. High school was not a good time for me. Kids are cruel. Now some of these people that harassed me help others with disabilities, are nurses… Go figure

1 Like

Same w/ me for sure. And then I had to deal with it again in college when I re experienced psychosis once again in a different way. But everyone knew I had lost touch and there was something wrong with me in high school, and then it was finally time to leave, a brand new start. I figured I’d try new things but those just lead me to psychosis too. It was probably this was my last six years of school. The college was more gossipy than my high school even. That’s why I’m so grateful to be doing alright in school right now.

1 Like

Lol it’s true with my friends too who harassed me and bullied me. It’s like they’re totally ignorant to the fact they were just awful people. And “time heals” or “who cares about Jonny anyways”.

1 Like

Exactly… it’s like they think they did nothing wrong, totally ignorant

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.