Every how many hours do you eat?

I eat every 3-4hrs a big meal. If I don’t, my blood sugar goes too low then I feel dizzy, shaky and weak. Also angry and irritable. Thats why I stopped doing diets. My liver enzymes are too high. I think something is wrong with my liver glycogen.

I eat three times a day. Not every three or four hours though.

1 Like

My eating habits are erratic. A lot depends on what kind of food I have. If I buy a bag of cookies, or a tub of ice cream I know I am going to eat most of those things in one sitting, so I don’t buy that kind of stuff very often. A few days ago I ate a quart and ten ounces of chocolate fudge swirl ice cream, and I ate the whole thing in one sitting. I really need to stop that kind of thing. The ice cream was cheap though. Two dollars for the whole thing.

1 Like

Wow thats a lot, yea.

1 Like

I’ve always craved sugar. If I came across a batch of cookies I would eat over a dozen of them. One time I ate eighteen no bake cookies, and I broke out in the worst rash. I was miserable. My uncle felt sorry for me, but my mom said, “Serves him right.”

1 Like

How much protein are you getting in your diet?

1 Like

I don’t calculate it but sometimes I take 35g protein shakes. I think I eat enough protein as I drink milk daily and eat lots of lean meats like ham, chicken, etc

1 Like

I really think something is wrong with me eventhough Drs couldn’t find the cause of my high liver enzymes. Diabetes is high blood sugar but I have the opposite. I read one of the causes is pancreatic cancer and both my uncle and grandfather died of pancreatic cancer. Another possible cause is liver glycogen storage disease. Every night I sweat a lot and I wakeup to a wet bed even when its cold and dry. I read that sweating is also a symptom of low blood glucose.

I don’t take any diabetes meds so its unusual.

Night sweats are often caused by low blood glucose , which can occur in people taking insulin or diabetes medications known as sulfonylureas. When your blood glucose drops too low, you produce excess adrenaline, which causes sweating. Once your blood glucose returns to normal, the sweating should stop.”

My eating habits are not consistent during weekdays & weekends in terms of eating & exercise. Every month is different too. I would prefer to be consistent everyday, every week and every month but I seem to be unable to recognize a pattern.

1 Like

I usually eat a small meal about twice a day and usually 2-3 snacks throughout.

1 Like

Because I smoke, my hunger is suppressed.
So I eat maybe three or four times a day.
Before that, when I hadn’t smoked, I ate something every two to two and a half hours at the latest, but not full meals, just a couple, and when I was really hungry, three slices of bread with cold cuts.

This made me so fat that I ended up weighing 137 kg. Now I weigh 117 kg.

But I don’t want to say that it’s healthy, I just started smoking because I was bored. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone because the addiction is real.

That worries me, I’m supposed to stop smoking because of the diabetes, plus sugar gone. Then I’ll take weight again.

1 Like

Since quitting sugar… eating very little now.

Morning and evening meals for meds.

A snack - like a bag of almonds, vegetarian Jersey during the day.

1 Like

I try to keep my meals atleast 3-4 hours apart. I cant always do it and need a snack.

1 Like

I eat breakfast, lunch, a snack and dinner. I also eat something every 3-4 hours. But not big meals. A banana. A bar. A shake. Things like that.

I used to be able to eat whatever I want and be skinny. On meds those days are gone ( and probably also because of age).

1 Like

I eat 3 meals a day and a snack. I eat at 6 AM, noon and 5 PM and have a snack around 3 PM.

1 Like

2-6 hours after I got on my new blend. Think it is the Clozapine that it is causing the necessity to eat a lot more nowadays.

1 Like

I have a small snack every few hours, usually fruit or veg (e.g cucumber slices). I keep it low calorie and track the calories. Having small snacks through the day helps me keep my meals to smaller portions. Usually, anyhow. These past two weeks have not been wonderful.

My blood sugar stays pretty level throughout the day now.

2 Likes

I have two or three small meals a few hours apart, and a larger one in the evening.

1 Like