Ever think the Universe is just one big prison?

Seems like a large part of life is about suffering and sin. The world is a pretty cruel place. Happiness is hard to find. All kinds of bad things happen to good people. It all seems like madness really. So are we in a prison?

5 Likes

I don’t think of it like that. If you think about it if you traveled at the speed of light you wouldn’t be able to reach the edge of the cage sort of speak before dying of old age. So for all intents and purposes it is not like a cage at all. Plus there still is the theory of multiple universes. Haven’t ever gone into that with just my masters but it is nice to ponder about.

2 Likes

No, but I do think the earth is made up of only one person. Parallel universes par excellence, as we cross paths with ourselves, multiple times, but we are everyone we meet, and everyone that’s ever lived all at the same time. Ever wonder why we feel a familiar kin to someone we just met? or hate someone we shouldn’t because of something we can’t explain?
What if we are the same one who hurts us with out good reason, as well as our own soulmate simply because we are compatible knowing already what we should have not?
Time matters little, and intuition makes the heart know what the brain cannot.

1 Like

I think of the world as just one big blob of stuff. Like a pool of water. It just an illusion that you see a difference between yourself and the rest, cause if you look close enough it all the same. Therefore the world and everything in it is One.

2 Likes

Perhaps it is a place where we appear and die, all just so others can get rid of us.
Meanwhile, elsewhere, there is no such a thing as death at all, for the non-rejects.

Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom.

Schopenhauer

“Ever think the Universe is just one big prison?” I believe my mind is the only real thing holding me back

1 Like

I think that we should better control out thoughts, it’s highly important for us to be able to decide what to think.

2 Likes

You can do it with mantras.

thanks @zeno I have already made a mantra for use in times of crisis,
I hope it works!:wink:

Moved to Unusual Beliefs.

1 Like

I am posting here the intrusive thoughts and the mantra that I came up with to counter it.(great credit to @zeno for the idea of mantras)
I do it so that others can benefit from it here and learn from it.
The intrusive thought- I can’t work in Israel, there are no jobs.
My mantra- I can work in any job I want in Israel.
It is early to say but so far it seems to be working well.

1 Like

You mean Earth: the great babysitter of life?

I read an old sci fi book… aliens placed space mines around the edge of our galaxy so our violent behavior could never spread into anyone elses neck of the universe… that’s kinda fair… with our current mind set of exploiting for profits we shouldn’t be allowed to leave earth…

1 Like

Would not doubt if it was

1 Like

We already in hell. our dumb asses not knowing everybody kissin ass to go to heaven but they not going

1 Like