Ever been handcuffed to a hospital bed?

Not handcuffs but I was in full belt restraints. The thing is, I hadn’t threatened anyone with violence nor attacked anyone.

2 Likes

Handcuffed to a hospital bed not quite, however in the mental hospital they strapped me to a bed with leather straps and injected me with tranquilizers. Also one time i was on lsd and shrooms, got picked up by the cops and help for a while in a holding cell with handcuffs on, time distortion made it feel like i was in there for days, bruised and cut up my wrists on the handcuffs, but i didnt get arrested all thanks to having schizophrenia, used it as an excuse for walking into the wrong house

I was violently restrained by ER staff during an overdose and my first ever psychotic break. Thought that they were demons, severely traumatized me.

1 Like

Ya I am playing around with alternatives too. Having very encouraging results. No meds for 6 mos. Hate sleeping all day.

1 Like

They did the same thing to me, and I had not been violent to anyone nor threatened anyone.

1 Like

Yes, same here! It went on for hours. They pretty much ignored me during that time, and my requests went unanswered the whole time I was in restraints.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was worse than the more direct physical abuse.

1 Like

LMFAO, I’ve been handcuffed to a bed after running out of the hospital in a hospital gown as I started screaming in a Chipotle bathroom. Haha so embarrassing but I was having my first psychotic break and I’d been on adderall which made it all worse. It’s hard to get over the feeling of having no power when you’ve been cuffed to a bed but the more you block it out and remember it’s not the real you (maybe the rockstar part of being able to laugh at it helps). But real talk it’s so embarassing, it’s like it’s the You show and everyone is forced to watch.

2 Likes

No, not to a bed, but I’ve been 5 point restrained several times. I’ve also been shackled at the ankles and handcuffed with my wrists behind my back in patrol cars. Talk about uncomfortable!

2 Likes

I’ve been restrained in a hospital bed once until they gave me a shot in the butt. The closest thing to being handcuffed to a hospital bed was being handcuffed naked to a bed or w/e it was in jail. Oh don’t let me forget the time I tried to escape from a mental health urgent care and was locked in a room.

1 Like

My first hospitalisation I was restrained by several staff.

Not handcuffs but their bodies put me to the hard ground and twisted my arms and heavy pressure to my body.

I could not breath properly and panicked .

The isolation room was hard and small with no windows and nothing soft was in the room.no mattress .

The room smelled like wee and shi#.

It was scary and claustrophobic.

At another hospital I was in they listened to me and handled things differently.

There was a soft gentle light that was great .

Good light can help as aposed to the light they had at other place bright cold and aweful.

They also had a mattress .

I begged them to not lock me in the room but to get a normal room and they listened.
They gave me a injection by force but then they let me go to a normal room thankfully.

I appreciate that cause I am not violent when I have psychosis .

I have been strapped to a device when I had a surgery.

I love that they are starting to be thoughtful to the patients and make good changes such as a soft mattress and warm lighting etc

This is relevant and matters.

Thank you who ever pushed these ideas forward and made it happen.

Thank you who ever you may be yo.

:pray:t3:

2 Likes

Interesting about the lighting. It really does make a difference to have soft, soothing lighting. I have that kind of lighting in my bedroom at home, and in the living room.

1 Like