Estrogen: Estrone, estradiol, or estriol supplements?

I’m doing some research into estrogen as a supplement, however estrogen is composed if estrone, estradiol and estriol and estradiol as a supplement seems to be the common one.
Does anybody have any experience of knowledge of which of these these is considered as possibily being of potential benefit in the treatment of scz or recommendations on which particular supplement to purchase.

AFAIK what you all describe are all the same… What are you looking for, increasing Estrogen?

No over-the-counter supplement would have a noticeable effect on your estrogen levels. If it did, trans women everywhere would be lining up around the block to get their hands on it.

The few trans women I know who have schizophrenia have said their symptoms got better after starting estrogen. But their bodies do not naturally produce estrogen, so there might be compounding factors at play. It is not considered a treatment for schizophrenia.

What makes you curious about estrogen?

1 Like

Those are estrogen pills. I’ve never heard of hormones treating sz. I don’t think it does.

Well… there is actually quite much evidence that some hormones (Estrogen for example) can treat symptoms of schizophrenia. I even was in a schizophrenia study where they use Raloxifene (a estrogen modulator) as a adjunct to antipsychotics to counter schizophrenia symptoms and the outcome points towards a improvement in symptoms in a majority of cases.

Unfortunately it did not help my schizophrenia symptoms but it did help my depressive symptoms and I am using the same medication from that study to counter some of my depression symptoms.

There are three forms of natural estrogens made by the human body; estrone (e1), estradiol (e2) and estriol (e3). Estrone is the most potent form of estrogen and is rapidly converted to other estrogens and rarely used as a hormonal supplement.

This video may give you the insight that you desire. Let me know if it helps.

There is a definite body of evidence emerging which points to a hormonal-psychiatric association. With prominent hormonal side effects of psychiatric medications, psychiatrists are well-served to think like endocrinologists.

1 Like