Eradicate or let live?

Kill the moles, you’re sending them to a better place. Good luck getting to them though.

Catch them alive and release them in a good, safe place where they can survive without causing anyone trouble. That’s what my dad tried to do with gophers in our front lawn when I was a little kid growing up.

2 Likes

It’s not that peaceful to live on a golf course. My mom lives across the street from a golf course and her house is regularly hit by stray golf balls.

yeah there is that little problem, I guess I would have options, in the neighborhood or actually on the course.

the people who lived on the golf course I used to work at would go for long evening walks, with their pets or by themselves. that pretty much sold me since I don’t play that much golf

haven’t found any catch and release traps yet online. I saw a couple youtube videos of guys catching them and releasing.

I also read that if you keep stomping down their tunnels, after they rebuild them a couple times, they get frustrated and move along.

1 Like

Hmm I have two cultures in my life- my parents are ethnic Koreans, but I study in Canada. It’s already been 10 years since I started studying in Canada.
For Korean culture…there are many folk stories for children about moles. When I was a child, I remember reading a picture book about a sad mole who worked really hard to feed his family. Another one I remember from childhood is a little mole’s story in Spring. So, personally, I don’t really have a negative image about moles. But there is a game in Korea called ‘Mole Game’ (두더지 게임), which is just… stomping figures of moles that come out of small holes.
The moles in the game are fake- it’s just an arcade game. So we’re not hitting live moles (that would be absolutely terrible!!!).
But anyways. Take care friends, and hopefully I would get more time to visit more posts on here. Stay strong <3

4 Likes

We have that too, in the US. It’s called Whack-a-Mole here.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real mole. If they aren’t harming you or your house, why not just leave them be? We used to have chipmunks, they were adorable.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’ll work with moles but I used this trap to catch a rat. This is UK Amazon but I’m sure there’ll be a US equivalent.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.