'Epidemic' of violence against transgender people sparks call for action

I think this is sad. Personally I don’t think that I should be trans. That’s my personal conviction but these people are still human beings.

3 Likes

A major win for transgender rights: UN health agency drops ‘gender identity disorder’, as official diagnosis

Interesting. My post was flagged ! Maybe people don’t like the idea of transgender rights being progressed ?

Wow you people need to get woke, this is sad.

@Ninjastar @anon9798425 please help us out here, make sense of this. Thanks.

1 Like

@SzAdmin. Please close this thread.

Apparently the new update automatically hides flagged posts, before we review them. We are consulting with @SzAdmin to see if this setting can be changed.

2 Likes

Maybe the article was triggering. Idk. The only thing I said that might upset someone was that for myself I wouldn’t be transgender but I certainly don’t judge others who do it.

No, someone was just flagging random posts to bring the problem to our attention. Nothing was wrong with anything you posted. Do you still want this closed?

1 Like

No. Thank you. I deleted my post or tried to. I might be able to repost.

1 Like

The problem has been solved!

2 Likes

I’m totally for more rights for transgender people.

More laws wont protect them from the killings though, it’s already a hate crime, and murder is one of the most illegal things to do, what other laws do they want passed that could possibly stop the violence? Someone correct me if they see something that I don’t.

Education, along with those laws, is always the best way to combat any form of hate.

1 Like

Gender can be fluid. Its not simply man or woman.

2 Likes

It might not stop killings, but anti-discrimination laws could stop people from being denied leases, jobs, services, etc.

1 Like

You need to educate yourself. Let me help:

1 Like

I personally know and am friends with someone who has had a sex change. I like them a lot. However I personally feel it’s a mental health issue

I thought there was the EOE that prohibits discrimination. Is that a federal law or does it go by state?

I know my friend never had a problem getting a job.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information

(From the eeoc website)

1 Like

I think it is your “right” to believe that, though this does not seem like an appropriate place to express it.

You do know there are actually intersex people born with both male and female physical traits? How do they fit into your 2 gender scheme?

And im no expert, but i heard and read transgender people have brain responses that actually match that of people from their desired gender.

My ex-date/friend from the past is transgender and fired, bullied and harassed majorly. I wonder what can stop those horrible people from such things.

1 Like

There are all sorts of loopholes right now that people can exploit.

That’s because LBGQT are blurring the lines of sexuality and leaving us heterosexuals for dead. Especially when LBGQT brag globally on social media and on every platform and locally that they are into ‘straight’ men or women. Yet another, power game. Very sad!!