English is stupid

I’m a native English speaker and I make mistakes with words I’ve seen but never heard all the time. I think everyone has that problem.

1 Like

that’s good to know =) I have been checking a lot of words in online dictionary for pronounciation if I don’t know it =)

1 Like

I think English is easy… lol…
And if English is stupid does that mean German is stupid because that’s mainly where English came from isn’t it?

Then again I think English is easy because it’s my only spoken and written language

English is my second language. I used to pronounce the word “awry” like aw-ree instead of aw-rye. Looking back, boy did it sound stupid.

1 Like

What iz ur first language …!!!

If u want to care less about language then do what i did and take a bunch of “stuff”.

English has three sets of words for almost everything - technical (usually derived from Latin or Greek, the language of intellectuals), formal or administrative (usually derived from French, the language of government), and common (usually derived from old Norse or Saxon, the language of the people).

English is pretty easy to learn, in my understanding. The only place where it’s very difficult is in pronunciation - compare it to a language like Japanese, where each syllable sounds like it sounds like it sounds. English, on the other hand, is pretty haphazard when it comes to how letter combinations sound.

“The problem with the French is they have no word for entrepreneur." - Someone

Español, amigo!

1 Like

i thought ur thai …!!! u could post ur pic if u like…!!!

1 Like

when do u will sleep budd…??

I’m actually Mexican. Maybe someday I’ll post a pic but I’m still paranoid about being found online here.

1 Like

When I was younger, like 8 years old, I used to say wetter instead of weather. Also the word beach would sometimes come out like the word bitch.

3 Likes

I’m not paranoid about being found on here because everyone that knows me knows I’m nuts already lol so I’m used to it…

1 Like

:joy: :joy::joy::joy::joy:

If English is stupid, then almost all other languages are stupid as well.

Once hebrew and greek scriptures are translated to English, it is then translated to all other languages.