'End pill-shaming in mental health' (video)

2 Likes

One of my best friends heard about my schizophrenia and said to me “So wait, you have to take a pill every day for the rest of your life???” like it was the biggest deal in the world and I said “So wait, you don’t take any kind of pill every day like a vitamin???” and he said no so I told him that if he was really my friend he would take the Haldol too in solidarity with me and he said no I won’t do that I have to go to work and I said well you’re taking this goddamned pill and he said no and I said yes and it’s currently still unresolved but I won’t talk with him unless he’s on the pills I am on PS he made it to work just fine somehow even though I followed him in the car wth the Haldol and everything

I don’t think I want to be your friend if that is how I would be treated.

2 Likes

It’s the same with therapy, I’m guessing it’s just peoples ego controlling them.

1 Like

Taking pills should be encouraged. I here some people complain about statins. They do this or that but since I’ve been taking them I can eat cheese and a decent diet and not get high cholesterol.

It’s an easy thing to do. If you need them take them but @mistery . You can’t expect people you know to walk in your shoes…that is just whack! Do what you’ve got to do and just be friendly to others you know. We are all so different and we don’t need to live each others life. I’d say on this point your being unreasonable!

Yet again another campaign in UK media that only states ‘Anxiety and Depression’. The mental health campaigners must realise there are so many more conditions. Arguing to protect a certain group of diagnoses makes it feel like they don’t care about anyone else.

These two are the ones they only ever talk about. I guess they cannot publicly talk about Schizophrenia as we’re all axe wielding monsters. I stand next to people on the bus with this, and I do not want to kill you.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s really just as extension of the stigma against mental health. You don’t get flak for taking blood thinners.

1 Like

Except there is a huge difference between statins and antipsychotics. Statins don’t cause metabolic syndrome, weight gain, E.D., akathisia and tardive dyskinesia. They don’t make you feel like a zombie, either. And I eat collard greens regularly, which also lower cholesterol naturally.

There are even natural alternatives to statins without their leg cramp side effects like chitosan supplements and psyllium husks supplements. I take those supplements instead of statins to keep my cholesterol low even though I am on a low carb keto diet.

You can get flak for NOT taking them. Stupid cardiologist.

Forcing someone to take an anti psychotic when they don’t need it sounds extremely dangerous, not to mention illegal?

That would suck. Imagine being a normie and trying to deal with being that medicated. The only reason people would want to be zonked out like that is if they were in serious emotional distress like we are.

I don’t think anyone likes being a zombie from APs, it’s just that it’s worse to not be on them. Being sick is hard.