Empathy for others

Do you feel empathy for people or are you numb and non empathetic. I feel empathy for the innocent, what about you?

3 Likes

I feel empathy for people like my dad who I live with. I don’t like hearing about bad things happening to people on the news every day.

5 Likes

I feel empathy but my emotions are definitely numbed

3 Likes

Depakote numbs my emotions, there was a time where I didn’t take it and I was quite emotional. Been diagnosed with SZA

4 Likes

I have mercy and compassion on myself and others.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for victims of current wars. Most soldiers didn’t know what they signed up for, or maybe they weren’t given a choice. Civilians living in war-torn regions. Underage boys and girls forced into slavery or sexual abuse. Young people coming down with sz, leukemia, cancer…

I don’t feel sorry for murderers who get put behind bars for life or are killed while trying to escape. For thieves who get robbed or cheaters who get cheated on in return. I guess my empathy has its limits.

2 Likes

I feel empathy for ppl who have similar experiences or challenges to me. That’s about it.

1 Like

Yes I have empathy for other people.

2 Likes

I may have too much empathy for humans and animals
Sometimes it messes me up

4 Likes

…cont… especially for people in dire situations.

2 Likes

Yes but sometimes i laugh at misfortune

1 Like

Im developing it I think

1 Like

I feel empathy for the poor and disabled now more than ever. I could easily be there and I kind of already am so far.

3 Likes

I used to have a lot of empathy but got treated like garbage, even from friends. So these days I practice not having any empathy for others. I don’t even like the human nature. Fu-ck them!

1 Like

If I see a homeless person talking to themselves, I have empathy. I think that could very well be me. Careful not to be codependent, its an unhealthy behavior.

3 Likes

I sure do, but I ran into a lot of other people seem have empathy for certain individuals groups then lack basic empathy for things happening in their local area.

1 Like

Depakote didn’t numb my emotions I can’t tell I’m taking it for the most part. Antipsychotics typically numb my emotions.

1 Like

I experience empathy, but more for animals and children than adults. I can feel empathy for those I am close to, but my feelings for strangers are more abstract. I’m working on it.

3 Likes

I dont have alot of empathy since i can remember. I pretend i do and can comfort others during distress but theres no real feeling inside

1 Like

I have a similar situation… I don’t feel like I have enough feelings when it comes to empathy for people. I still try to be empathetic tho. I’m not sure it’s really my fault ■■■■■…I didn’t design myself but I will make the best out of what I have .

2 Likes