Schizophrenia.com

Emotions Youth

Were you overly sensitive in your childhood? Did things affect you more than they should?

3 Likes

i dont think that there is such thing as over-sensitivity. everyone has their own perceptions and feelings. in my opinion, theres no limit to how someone should feel so long as it isnt hurting anyone else. its about how you execute the emotions rather than the emotions themselves

2 Likes

Definitely I was more sensitive than others my age. I had to stuff my emotions though because the neighbourhood I grew up in was rough and if you showed any weakness you were a dead man

Things that I saw bothered me far more, then it bothered the people who were directly involved. I felt weak or something.

3 Likes

Thank you! Do you attribute it to the illness?

@Tomas it may have made me more susceptible to illness later in life , I’m not sure

I was a sensitive kid before I got sick. I had very low confidence and self-esteem. If my friends and I were all joking around, it was all good until it turned onto me. Then I took it personally whereas they didn’t. Of course, when I got sick at 12, I didn’t give a frick, and unleashed my anger onto the world. I was troubled. Probably still am.

2 Likes

I was abused and neglected growing up. But both my parents have changed for the better over the years.

2 Likes

Same for me, a reason why I easily become mad. Maybe its the sz.

1 Like

Yeah, at the time I was talking about, age 12, I began flying into rages. Continues to this day. I get to a certain point, and I see red and utter destruction is not far behind. I can only count on one hand the number of times I’ve been in a blind rage, but when it does happen, make way. I’ve shattered my hand punching hard things, and have actively tried to commit murder 3 times. It only was a confluence of circumstances that several people are still walking around.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.