Eminem – The Monster

I see some of SZ symptoms in the lyrics of that song !!! what do you think ? what’s the story with alter egos and famous figures ! I guess some day being crazy will be cool :wink:

[Hook: Rihanna]
I’m friends with the monster that’s under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head
You’re trying to save me, stop holdin’ your breath
And you think I’m crazy, yeah, you think I’m crazy

I always thought that slim shady is the shade man that Eminem sees, and now he talks about voices and a monster under the bed !

that’s an explanation I found about the song on a website:

( For children (and some adults) their biggest fear is monsters under their bed. Instead of being afraid, Rihanna has befriended “the monster under her bed,” because she can relate to it.
Em’s “monster” is Slim Shady, Eminem’s alter ego. Shady represents rebellion, drug use, and violence. The video illustrates how he has to deal with Shady. In the music video, you can see that he walks up to the imprisoned Shady and is handed some rhymes, but Marshall stays strong, despite the fact that the “Slim Shady” persona effectively got him where he is today in the rap game.)

I have to add that one of the lyrics lines was that he have OCD as well:

My OCD is conking me in the head, keep knockin’

And I fond an article saying he was bipolar
http://mentalhealthrealities.blogspot.com/2013/10/eminems-monster-mental-health-anthem.html

1 Like

Eminem depicts in that song a lot of what is real and is going on with us to day. He was in a video with Dr Dre bouncing around with a straight jacket, kind of depicting mental health.

yes, I can see that he’s desperate to admit that he have mental problems, it’s hard to live with it alone, but the media is not merciful. If you can see the scene where he gets a psychotic episode, where the voices change and go lower and lower and faces deform.

well this is a part of my life.
the lyrics and imagery in this video make really sense too me,
even from youth i had those visions as seen in this video that it is even too weird to contemplate.
especially if you listen to the lyrics

i noticed even more symbols and meanings:
pyramid above the i
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you"
Friedrich Nietzsche

offcourse i know it might be also that other people relate too it

1 Like

heres a song about hearing voices…its brutal

Eyeless by Slipknot

It reminds me of my struggle, I do remember when I was a baby in the crib and frightened because I thought that there is a scary thing coming through the window next to it.
I feel sorry for the kid in the video clip, he really got scared, he might have developed sz !

it is very brutal, I don’t like listening to slipknot’s songs if you may call them songs :wink: , but I liked their weird costumes.

1 Like