Embrace neurodiversity

9 Likes

As much as I like soup I hope this is satirical

1 Like

I’m very fortunate to have an employer that embraces neurodiversity.

5 Likes

It’s not the neurodiversity bit that I object to.

Very cool and true c:

I think comparing neurodiversity to a bag of rabid, greased weasels on acid would be more accurate.

2 Likes

@ozymandias Haha, I feel like I’ve accidentally stumbled into an alternate reality where @firemonkey and @san_pedro (and no disrespect to either for I respect both) have swapped posting styles. What will be next, @Zoe biting ankles and making Jurassic noises or you claiming you’re getting kidnapped, thrown in a submarine and coerced into becoming Bulgaria’s next agriculture minister?

Come on, “neurodiversity is a little bit like a soup”. But I do realise now that there’s quite a bit of appetite here for this sort of dish.

PS. @firemonkey Once again, I’m not being serious.

1 Like

When I first got mowed down by SZ I spent a good part of my day just being a lump. Couldn’t read. Couldn’t hold a conversation. Couldn’t even get myself to a bathroom on my own at the outset. The fact that I can interact with others, use humour (badly) and make acquaintances not to mention the occasional friend now is a real victory. I know the casual chat makes you nuts but it’s a critical part of recovery for many of us. That’s a piece of our lives reclaimed and it feels awesome.

2 Likes

I’m just having a laugh, and sometimes we laugh at the same things and sometimes we don’t. That’s all there is to it.

1 Like

My wife says I laugh at the wrong things, but she watches British television so her judgement is suspect.

2 Likes

What do you object to

I like your soup analogy. Especially in winter time.

Too many people are coming at me like they’re entitled to access to MY body. They need to stay the ■■■■ away from me.

The memetic cheesy quality of the soup analogy. But once again it’s not a serious objection.

1 Like

I read Helen Keller last night and she wrote about how she experienced everything through touch and I realized I experience things very differently than others because of my lack of intellectual and sexual light.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.