Schizophrenia.com

Elevation sickness

Hey guys. Just as an FYI, if you have spent your entire life at sea level, and you marry someone from the mountains, you might get sick when you go to visit their relatives. And if you take a medication that cautions against heat and direct sunlight, the effects will be MUCH worse at high elevations. Because there is less oxygen and more radiation.

Feeling a bit better now, but super looking forward to being back at sea level tomorrow.

10 Likes

I can imagine that some of the psych drugs we take would cause issues.

Hope you can get back to your element soon.

:smiley:

1 Like

Never would have thought that it would affect you that much. Glad your feelign better and hoping you had a great holiday.

2 Likes

Get to feeling better!

1 Like

Yeah man, it was bad. Almost ended up in the ER because the high altitude raises blood pressure.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about all this @ninjastar . Hope you get to feeling better soon.

1 Like

The body makes more hemoglobin when at high altitude to compensate for the low oxygen. I studied about athletes and doping, they train at high altitudes and then freeze their high hemoglobin blood. Then they inject it before competitions. My teacher told me about this, he works with athletes.

Back home! I technically got in yesterday afternoon,but then I sleps a solid 12 hours. My blood pressure has gone down again, almost all the way to its usual level. Thank goodness!

6 Likes

Glad you are back home and feeling better. When I first moved to the mountains I decided it would be fun to go on a bike ride around the neighborhood on my sisters mountain bike. I hadn’t been on a bike in years. I got a quarter mile into it and got so winded and dizzy from the altitude I had to get of the bike and be sick. There’s no oxygen here! lol. And the sun is so magnified.

1 Like

Glad your back home @ninjastar. Scary that altitude sickness.

Hey guys. Just got out of the hospital. I apparently passed out so Mr. Star took me in to get fluids. I spent most of yesterday there, but I am feeling good now, and actually able to keep food down! Now, the worst I have the a bad rash from the medical tape they used even though it says in my chart that I’m allergic, and I woke up with an allergy bracelet on, so they obviously read my chart.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.