Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaign - Ontario, Canada

http://www.mooddisorderscanada.ca/documents/MDSC%20Letterhead_onepage_announcement_En_V1%20Feb%203.pdf

We are happy to announce that Toronto Police Service (TPS) will partner with us on the implementation of the Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaign, raising awareness about mental illness in the workplace. TPS is the first policing organization in the province of Ontario, to partner with the Mood Disorders Society of Canada on this initiative.

The blue elephant is a symbol that this is a safe place to talk about mental health. They are part of a larger planned Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaign which will run through-out the month of February. The blue elephants will be featured at each Precinct in the City of Toronto.

1 Like

Still out of hearts so I’ll just have to post… :heart: (like)

This was very cool. It’s a good first step.

Thinking about printing off a blue elephant and putting it on my front door… Picturing my son seeing it and taking it down… I do things like that lol. Write things on my wrist to show support for self harm awareness days even though no one sees it but me.

:heart: (like)

My sis got in trouble a bit for that. She took a Sharpie and dotted lines on her wist and wrote “Do not cut”
Then she had to do a kid swim lesson that she didn’t expect to do and some of the parents got all freaked out and complained to her boss. (who at the time was our brother John)