Election stress disorder?

2 Likes

Hopefully the truth can prevail!

I just want the election to be over already I’m so stressed

Even i am stressed about it and im not even American. :flushed:

1 Like

I’m stressssed!!! :tired_face:

I wouldn’t say I’m stressed, I’m just concerned.

I’m trying to get accustomed to some instability during this unstable time of covid and more national competition. Things were so stable between about 1989 and 2014, and things seem to have been becoming less stable and predictable since 2014.

It is a different time that may call for a different mindset.

Sure, it might be nice to be able to predict who is going to be running the country; but, realistically, all of the candidates are 56 or older, and only one of them seems to be immune to covid right now. I don’t know who is going to be running the country, and I guess I should get used to the uncertainty.

How can this be considered a disorder if it only affects you on election season?

Their source is a defunct webpage which is only referenced as “according to experts” in the article.

This is just tabloid press being annoyingly tabloid.

1 Like

Election stress disorder isn’t a scientific diagnosis, but the concept is real, according to Dr. Robert Bright, a Mayo Clinic psychiatrist. It’s an experience of overwhelming anxiety that can manifest in a number of ways.

Apparently the webpage just doesn’t work in my country.

Still obviously tabloid and not a real disorder.

I am not stressed at all. I remember this election forever. Taking days to count all votes. cnn has a good coverage of current election results. I like how they count votes by each county and show it on the US map.

I’m watching CNN also.
I’m feeling so stressed out!

Can’t take much of this!

for electile dysfunction lasting longer than a week, please see a doctor…

2 Likes

The stress seems to be significant for many people, myself included. It’s been a prolonged stress as well, not just the current waiting for the final vote counts, but the entire campaign and election process. :confused:

2 Likes

I’m not to concerned. Taking the Stoic approach and not worrying since it’s out of my control.

1 Like

yeah i don’t like that it drags on. i just want a result so i can process it and move on with my life. i’ve been watching less news recently, didn’t turn on my tv for a couple days after the election but i was up all night on election night trying to follow along with the news. im hoping that it doesnt drag out in the courts, but like poeticskunk says, there is nothing i can do about it, so i try not to worry about it and trust in the process and democracy and the american people.

I’ve been having fun with it

1 Like

Same for me, I am bored and it gets me a bit busy refreshing the elections page and watching the news lol

1 Like

im pretty sure youd just call that regular old stress, not everything is a disorder especially considering being stressed about the election is purely situational

3 Likes