Easiest vs hardest years of your life. What about for people in general

Last year was really hard for me, what with 3 serious suicide attempts and multiple hospitalizations. This year has been rough but I’m finding better ways to cope than I did last year. Other than that, my worst years were 18-26, as I was totally dependent on my parents for everything. Now I appreciate my independence and rely much more on myself to get things in order. I’m 45 now.

31-33 I was a raving lunatic under delusions who burnt bit and clobbered myself when the hallucinations became too much. It was a nightmare and everyone in my family thought it was permanent.

34 was shaky I joined the forum as the delusions started going away and the paranoia got better. The hallucinations were strong and I was having a lot of bad side effects to the APs I was trying, talked about it on here. Then I got on Zyprexa by the time I hit 35 I was feeling a lot better. Now I just deal with depression in the first few hours of the day, the rest of the day is not so bad. Wouldn’t it be neat if it kept getting better?

Easiest years were early 20s in college, those were great. If I knew I was gonna get sick I would have made it my goal to find a solid long term relationship, instead of focusing all on my studies.

2 Likes

I’d say the last 10 years. I’ve made some bad decisions and my family suffered as a result. And my life is permanently changed . I need to find a way to let go of some things. Not easy for sure. I am amazed how resilient kids are and how forgiving.

1 Like

13 to 18 bullied…16 to 19 severe acne…early 20’s severe depression and then sz from 26 on

ive had some good times too…times ive gone abroad to work/holiday and also a time when voices were easygoing, that was 29 to 32

1 Like

hey @Ooorgle…how was homeschool…im interested…i was bullied badly at high school and wonder would your route be a good thing…what did you learn…did you sit exams…what was different about it

1 Like

I got all my books and packetss sent to my house, still did science experiments and field trips. Saw my teacher once a month to grade my work and give me new assignments.

I graduated early with college credit and a 4.3.

I had no friends or dates, really missed out on the social aspect of high school

2 Likes

It seems my life is in constant labour of giving birth. Total Marter.

1 Like

Easiest: 0-7 (before ptsd) and perhaps 21-25 (student life, when i finally made some friends again). Hardest: 29 to 35 (psychosis). Im 37 now.

1 Like

My hardest years were 10 to 19. Those years I took drugs and hung out with bad people. I got beaten a lot at home and at school. I was not very well liked by the ‘jocks’ because I was into metal music, computers and gaming which were not seen as cool when I went to school. I was an outcast, and back then people like that were not treated well. School sucked. I ended up skipping my last two years.

0-10 I was just oblivious which was easy. I had good grades and did well at school.

Easiest times have actually been since about 25+ when I became a fully fledged loner, and now I don’t have to interact with people socially, and don’t have all the baggage that comes with it. I do what the ■■■■ I want to when I want to. The only thing that causes me issues is working, but that isn’t so bad.

2 Likes

Skunky,
It wasn’t your fault. Most people WOULD shut down. I always had a feeling I was forgetting something. … I finally remembered as an adult. I don’t know which is best, but I commend you for your bravery, strength, and perseverance.

I’m proud of who you are. I just wish abuse had no part of your life.

Sending you hugs. :hugs:

1 Like

This year is definitely up there in worst years of my life.

I think I feel more accomplished when I complete something, now. It means more to me because it’s difficult. I used to have things so easily, no sweat.

I’m willing to work towards happiness. And, when I get there, I’m gonna dance to DISCO DUCK lolol

I’d say 24 to 25 26ish was the most difficult. It was my first major psychotic break and recovery. Then would be 19-24 due to being in a hellish marriage. It was a roller coaster ride filled with really high moments and really low moments. Mostly my fault but it still sucked.

1 Like

High School was rough, didnt make any friends at that time of life.

Does life get better as I get older?
well, not really,
it just gets “Different.”

Perspective is everything, and when I feel life stinks too much and can’t wait until I’m old and dead,
I get introduced to someone else in the world who makes my problems seem petty, embarassing even, to be whining about things when
I have enough to eat, a place to live, and clothes on my back.

Helping out others when I’m able, no matter how small,
seems to help my own life, have more color, be more worth participating in.

and the things that I’ve been through that almost did me in,
all seem put to bed,
sleeping in the past,
where they should be.

The cycle starts again as life comes back to me, this time a bit brighter,
a bit more real?

It’s then up to me,
if I want to join in, or keep to myself, knowing one day
it will sneak up on me, sooner than expected, and never when I had wished for it,
the last day of my life will finally claim me,
and ready or not,
I’ll be gone from here-forever,
and wonder if I mattered to anyone, even myself.

My 20’s were rough but I was rich with experience, so I have to say 14-20. I was mildly suicidal / mute and dropped out of high school.

My most difficult years were some time after being diagnosed. Someone found out and thinks I have an easy life. They think I should have to put up with sexual abuse, because they think I live free. They’ve forced me out of nice apartments and made me homeless. Most people try to make your condition worse and lie about you.

1 Like

Easiest years of my life is probably now. I’m pretty well taken care of medically and at home and I’m enjoying myself in school. Worst was probably 2016/2017. First psychosis, homelessness, failing at everything and being unmedicated just about ruined me lol. But I trudge on.

Hardest years of my life 2016 to 2017.
That is when I had seriously life altering psychosis experiences n also when they put me on a very high dose ap silly me I shudda asked for them not to raise it so high but u learn

1 Like

2005-6 and 2018. In this half of life the first year of marriage and 2018 were hardest. Stuff just happened, the trials of life were harder.