Early signs of a major psychotic episode

I find the following paper very helpful.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/pdfs/earlysigns.relapse.pdf

1 Like

Im on lamictal and vraylar

Agian don’t hold of on seeing a professional about the relapse coming on. If you are felling something isn’t right that’s the first bit of insight that shouldn’t be ignored. Before mine came on I was crying for odd reasons and wanted to kill this family I thought had wronged me…but the little crys here and there were deff a symptom.

Thank you this seems like a good article

Okay yeah things are getting worse little by little. Crying I thought was some kind of sign

I had a major psychotic break recently.

Early Signs:
Mood Swings
Lack of Sleep
More Paranoid
Obsessive thinking
Fear

2 Likes

I have no idea of any early signs of a relapse, except I find others faces don’t seem to look happy around me.

It’s as if they have “changed the face” into something that resembles accidentally swallowing too many beans.

Then after seeing this, my face changes into trying to locate the nature of that face,
which seems to irritate the beanface more,

and it all goes pretty quickly downhill,
and lands me in the psych hosp.

Yup you’re crazy alright. Get thee to a psych hospital ASAP

1 Like

Don’t hold off until it’s to late like I did…crying out the front of my house asking someone kill me while paramedics and police were called to pick me up.

Yeah thought the same thing if you can ask these questions it’s time to get you’reself to the psych ward.

These are the typres of stuff Ive been having insomnia really bad since I last replied to this i feel like im really sidconnected and its getting annoying to say the least but i go to the psych tomorrow so I can see if he wants to do the haldol thing

1 Like

feeling disconnected is a sign of an impending break for me. I start to feel surreal and like either I or my world is fake. I would definitely say something to your pdoc and see if they can maybe adjust your meds or something.

1 Like

Exactly with the surreal factor

1 Like

I always think my reality is staged but I don’t think it’s virtual or surreal, I think it’s real people and places being set up for my benefit. However, as I said, when I am on the verge of a break, I feel totally disconnected from reality. It is an uncomfortable feeling. I hope you are able to get it figured out.

2 Likes

Thank you. I went to my psychiatrist today and got prescribed haldol 5 mg once a day and hope it helps before its too late

It should help…this also could be a lot of anxeity also…but you did the right thing going to the drs

1 Like

5mg of Haldol daily has worked very well for me, I’d still be taking it if I had med insurance, and it would be by my request.

1 Like

It helped me a little bit already im sure itll help more too as it builds up

Keys to keeping a psychotic break away…8 hours of sleep every single night no exceptions…food…and meds as prescribed…do not take anti depressants only anti Psychs…the sleep is the factor that ticks the brain over…so make sure you also have a sleeper without psychoactive properties…once insomnia sets in you are a gonna and the mind will collapse

1 Like