Early internet, what web pages do you remember?

I just read up on it, never heard of him before. Could be something he thought about during psychosis and it stuck with him as something he believes is true. Psychosis can give you wild ideas/theories that a sane person will rightfully see the flaws in.

ah yea i remember that one also. does it still exist?

1 Like

Bonus.com

1 Like

Jeez! I hope not. I didn’t believe every picture I saw but I really don’t have the stomach for that stuff these days.

I remember watching this and thinking to myself

“Wtf am I watching ?”

1 Like

Lol I was 12 when I found it. I was at my friend’s house and his mom walked in and freaked out.

1 Like

I think I got on the internet when it was becoming public in 1993, before Alta Vista. I would go to my technical college library, and search the internet. I think the Galileo website of the University System of Georgia, or one of its precursors, was probably one of my most commonly visited websites, back then.

Some site I think is Cracked.com. It still exists but is horrible now.

2 Likes

Wayback machine

https://wayback-api.archive.org/

1 Like

I ruined a computer or two when using Limewire lol. That was the coolest thing though at the time – finding whatever songs you wanted to listen to online

3 Likes

I remember grooveshark great for music

2 Likes

I downloaded a lot of music from Limewire onto an external hard drive. Then the expletive deleted hard drive broke.

4 Likes

Limewire.

That brings back memories and the legality of it though most young adults could have cared less.

3 Likes

A very slow loading strip poker program with naked pictures of sexy ladies. It took about 30 seconds to load the images and they came top to bottom so it was a lot like real stripping.

Also, AskJeeves and Yahoo, which I never visit anymore.

1 Like

Here is where the development gap and difference is…the widespread use of the internet is a millennial thing, people my age, the widespread use of internet enable devices even personal computers in form of laptops and tablets and for most of us it was through mobile phones really experienced the internet initially. Even the home internet thing is still at it’s birthing stages we have very few homes very few urban homes are covered as we speak

2 Likes