Earliest memory

Mine was when I was 2 and I ran into the family room and sliced open my chin on the corner of the glass table…had to have like 10 stitches. what’s your earliest memory?

They say you can’t remember things before 3 but I remember something from when I was 2

Wow. Your memory ability is great. I about 4-5 old started to have memory.

Mine was when I was almost three. I plugged in my nightlight for the first time before bed.

I ran down the hall to tell my mom and dad, and the first thing my dad said was, “Did you touch the metal part?”

I couldn’t remember if I had or hadn’t, but I knew when my dad asked me something in that tone of voice, the answer was, “No.”

My dad said, “Good. If you had, then you would explode.”

I went back to my room and I sat on my bed, waiting and wondering if I was going to explode. I couldn’t go back and ask my parents for help, because then they would know I had lied, and I would be in trouble. I remember thinking about my aunt who was coming to visit the next day, and how sad it would be if she got here and I had exploded.

Anyway, clearly I didn’t explode, so I must not have touched the prongs :joy_cat:

6 Likes

I’ve been told this. Maybe because I have a good memory now, it means I have a better memory from way back when? Even though it was only a 5 second memory…it’s still unusual. I could never forget being in the kitchen and running into the family room, tripping and falling and busting my chin on that glass table. It’s a blurry memory but I remember it.

I remember fouling my diapers once. I got in trouble for it, so I must have been too old to be doing that. I also remember moving into a new house, and being able to see a train going by through the gaps in the house. I had to reach up to the windowsill and pull myself up to see it, so I must have been pretty short.

1 Like

3being chased by a badger and watching it get shot gunned several times before it stopped trying to kill me…real memory…

1 Like

You never let us down flame

1 Like

Flunking Algebra in high school. I had to take it all over again the next year. And I flunked it again.

2 Likes

My earliest memory was at 3:30 in the morning.

3 Likes

First memory was really shitty.
Was three or four and woke up wondering from where does some weird buzzing sound come. I was still sleepy and went to the bathroom to see my mother crying…it was more like a whining, because father beat her.
They were fighting a lot those days.

1 Like

That sucks, Sara. I have memories like that, too, sitting with my little sister in her bedroom, listening together to the fighting.

1 Like

My earliest memory is from when I was less than six months old. My mother is carrying me in her arms through a dark hallway, into a bedroom, and then she lays me in a crib. I know it’s from less than six months because the house I remember is my grandfather’s (he still has the same house with that hallway/bedroom), and my mother only lived there from the time I was born until I was six months old. My next memory isn’t until I’m about 4.

1 Like

Yeah…I was thinking though however nasty stupid things I’ve done that might affect luka at least he won’t have memories like that.
Hmm its good I got rid of the ■■■■■■■ on time.

1 Like

My first memory is a terrible one. I was around 5, I think. My parents were fighting and my dad called my mom a b---- under his breath. My big brother, who was 15 at the time heard and said “No she’s not!”. Then my dad got mad and ran up the stairs and pounded him. He beat him up and knocked him out. Me, and my siblings all ran outside. They were screaming but I wasn’t. We sat outside in the snow, very cold, till it was safe to come back in.
Before that day, all I have are fragments of things, that I don’t know if they’re real or dreams.

i had a crazy babysitter/maid who used to scream at me a lot. i dont really remember my parents… they were busy.

i was 2 or 3 and stepped on one of those prickly ball things near the pool

I remember sitting on my great grandpa’s lap, he died july of 2002. so I was probably 2 or just turned 3

I don’t remember anything from before like age 15, even though I’m only in my early-mid 20s

Probably all the drugs I’ve used have messed with my brain

That sucks!

My earliest memory is of my first birthday, I hid under the table. I only remember being under the table.

I remember lying down on my moms and I was quite content, my mom was changing me. I was like 2 or 3… nothing exciting!