Dwelling on stuff while at work

I’m currently trying to find a job right now with my disability check. Although it seems Everytime I work I start to dwell on things or make stupid decisions that my coworkers would think " what is wrong with him".I lose my common sense and cool and look stupid.

Question is what do you do when that happens? Or if you can’t get ahold of yourself or something? Should you tell your coworkers what’s wrong with you or just go about your day? How do you handle that situation?

I’ve been in that situation one time before and had a breakdown at work. Eventually lost my job and looked like an idiot in front of all my coworkers.

That situation scared me to the point I never wanted to work again but I have to try. Just trying to get some ideas from you guys who work and have sz or dwell on things to much or lose your commonsense at work

I suffer from being tired all the time. So much so that after lunch at work, the rest of the day it’s like I’m drunk. Luckily, I can turn this state into making people laugh with me instead of at me. But I do embarrass myself but not too much. I’m scheduled to work until 4:00 pm and after lunch at 12:30 pm the other day I was talking to my boss and told him that after lunch I just embarrass myself for the rest of the day. I said it to be funny and he laughed pretty heartily.

1 Like

I lose my common sense so much at work that I cannot work. I have such poor judgement, due to my sza, that I’m no good to an employer. No matter how simple the job.

1 Like

Whenever I do something stupid I find the thing that helps me most is to poke fun at myself, though this may not be for everyone. It seems to help me laugh a little about it and makes my coworkers laugh. Granted at my job we all do this when we mess up or do something no so smart.

As far as common sense, I do the same thing. I usually laugh it off and follow it up with something like “You know that I can be a little stupid sometimes”, then proceed to go do what I forgot to do/fix what I messed up.

I’ve noticed the biggest thing is being willing to go back and do whatever task you forgot to do or didnt do right. If you make an effort most employers are a little more lenient there.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that skinny me. Your not alone

I hope I’m like that at work. Where I make friends and make people laugh. Your lucky that happens and it’s not different

1 Like

That’s some good advice dreamer.I will definitely take that into my next job

Yes. And it’s a little bit of skill too.

Very true Nick. If you got some skills you can get out of a uncomfortable situation

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, @Dreamer, @77nick77.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.