Drugs 151515

I cannot trust myself with my drugs and I don’t know what to do. I have 28 Zopiclone tablets and my brain is telling me to take them all to induce a coma - I cannot sleep more than a few hours. My doc said 15mg would give me 12 hours sleep but I am not getting any where close to that.

3 Likes

Insomnia. Sorry you can’t sleep. Can make you feel bad for days. I wake up during the morning early hours a lot.

1 Like

I hope you will try to resist what the voices tell you and be careful with the pills you have. If you feel like you are going to take too many pills, please get help @Joker.

1 Like

Its not the sleeping part its being awake that bothers me. I have had enough of being awake with my thoughts and visions I need a break from it all.

1 Like

Can you ask your doctor for an increase? Is that a sleeping pill? I’m not familiar with the name. I often have a hard time with sedatives not actually sedating me.

No doc available until Tuesday. Yeah its like a Benzo apparently. I am not happy as I was not told that and I have been taking it for weeks so another thing to withdraw from and it’s recommended dose is 7.5mg and I am on 15

That sucks a doctor’s not available until then. I just told Rox this in another thread, but if you have a banana and you boil it, peel and all, in some water for about 10-15 minutes, then drink a cup or so if the water and go to bed, it’ll help calm you down and help you sleep. You can save the rest of the banana water and drink it if you wake up early. It sounds dumb af, but on nights when I have insomnia and even my Klonopin isn’t working, sometimes this works. I know it sounds crazy, but my clinician is the one that told me about it. Might be worth a try.

2 Likes

It’s ok the only dangerous drug I have is Haldol but I only have 107mg which is not enough to be fatal

1 Like

I am willing to try anything. I don’t have any fruit but I will get some when the shop opens. Thanks

2 Likes

Sometimes 50 mg of Benedryl or a generic equivalent can help you fall asleep.

1 Like

Have you already tried theanine with melatonin? Sometimes you can even find them together in one supplement.

PS good news, it’s not a benzo, per wikipedia:

“Zopiclone is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agent used in the treatment of insomnia. Zopiclone is molecularly distinct from benzodiazepine drugs and is classed as a cyclopyrrolone”

2 Likes

some times it take, one to teach one’s self at do these things like sleep and staying a wake. good luck.

Not heard of those drugs. I take it these are over the counter?

I had some insomnia early on – it made for some long days so I sympathize with you. It did get better though. Now I just have some interrupted sleep, basically, I’ll have Tourette’s like symptoms while I’m sleeping.

I’ve had luck with melatonin and my current medication helps.

1 Like

I need my meds. I’m lost without them.

Yes, there’s a long thread on this site on l-theanine. It’s an amino acid found in tea, but the supplement is much stronger. Most people find it gives them a nice relaxing effect. 200 mg is usually a good place to start for sleep.

Melatonin is a hormone produced naturally in the body, but taking it in supplement form is a much higher amount. In my (non medical) opinion, high doses are not any better than low doses because any dose is already much higher than your body could produce. 1-3 mg is a usual starting dose. It’s probably more effective if you don’t take it every night, but as needed.

They can be taken together, which I do.

Both are available on Amazon and at health food stores OTC. Some pharmacies also carry them in the OTC section, they are not usually expensive.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone else said this but can you give the pills to a friend or family member to hold onto and dole them out?

I have to do this when I am not sleeping or SU/SI.

Take some sweet before bed, eating sth before sleeping helps alot,

Go knock on doors and ask people for help.
You can go to stangers, some of whom will agree to help you even though many people are bad.
You can also try to go to the authorities.
Good luck!